PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I popped into a small newsagents this morning and he had a comoys of London cabinet with two pipes in which were the last of the pipes he is ever going to sell. The marked price was £26 each but after a haggle with the guy I walked away with these two pipes for £30!

20130125_112413_zps6b53166b.jpg

20130125_112446_zps40f9c551.jpg

Then I arrived home and the posty had been! 100g of HG Balkan flake, gauntleys house blends Nottingham and deliverance and some my mixture.

20130125_112853_zps2878fab4.jpg

And off subject a little I know but I'm sure some will appreciate my excitement!

20130124_150345_zpsc04d9588.jpg

20130124_152357_zps4ee17701.jpg

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
That is some delicious looking baccy! And what luck getting two new pipes to try it on! Have yourself a nice weekend planned I see :p

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Wnghunglow :rofl: I like it! You must be referring to the Deliverence as its the one viewable. Yes it's loverly. It's a "crossover" house blend from my favourite shop, Guantleys of Nottingham. Very nice indeed. IMO the best of both aro and non aro worlds. Glynn the blender describes it so well, here's what he says -

"At present a small revolution is happening with Latakia in pipe tobaccos. Once it was used for English, Oriental & Balkan mixtures, its smoky & bold flavours are complimented with complex blends of tobaccos to produce a rich and big smoke. This is a million miles away from the sweet, sticky American aromatics that have been popular for the last couple of decades. At first thought the two shouldn't go, but they do and oh boy does it work.
After a few month of experimentation and refinement, "Deliverance" was born. Built on a heavy foundation of Vanilla Black Cavendish, Chocolate topped Virginias and a good sized helping of Latakia. The rich smoky flavours from the Latakia meld beautifully with the strong vanillas & subtle chocolate. The smoke is velvety smooth with a cool character, while the aroma is sure to please most."

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I should never have boasted of my haggling skills so soon! It would appear after an extensive net search that the two pipes are not comoys! Rather god ole basket pipes so I've probably over paid by£5-10.

Or have I? I like the look and feel of both and certainly the bulldog(?) smokes well so at 15 each I'm happy :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.