PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
While it’s sad when it runs out, I wouldn’t worry about it, when there are so many great blends out there.

Just need to find a nice online website to buy from, that ships to you, unless tobacco can’t be shipped to Portugal.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have encountered several blends that have a tin note highly reminiscent of a horse barn, but I'm glad to say the flavor doesn't carry over once I light them up. Semois and C&D Bayou Night come to mind.

As my grandparents used to assert with stern conviction,, that's a good clean smell.

That's some well-aged Dunhill. I don't think I've seen a tin of that before. I think chasing embers may have curbed the market on that.

Reactions: Scottmi

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I can only say this here... to my fellow pipers, today I've tasted manure and I liked it.

Haddo's Delight. Try it. You'll Like it. Aroma of horse shit is just overwhelming, but boy, is that an one wonderful smoke.
Reminds me of a comment "good, old red Burgundies smell of mushrooms, rotting vegetation and shit" :oops:
It's a wonder if anybody buys, let alone drink, that stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have encountered several blends that have a tin note highly reminiscent of a horse barn, but I'm glad to say the flavor doesn't carry over once I light them up. Semois and C&D Bayou Night come to mind.

As my grandparents used to assert with stern conviction,, that's a good clean smell.
Old Hunter River (wine growing region north of Sydney) shiraz famously smell of "sweaty saddles"
Not too sure how many would-be neophyte wine connoisseurs can say they have enthusiastically sniffed a saddle, let alone a sweaty one rotf

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Old Hunter River (wine growing region north of Sydney) shiraz famously smell of "sweaty saddles"
Not too sure how many would-be neophyte wine connoisseurs can say they have enthusiastically sniffed a saddle, let alone a sweaty one rotf
I used to work with an older lady who also had a ranch. I don't remember what led to the question, but I once asked her if the horse or the cowboy side of the saddle smelled worse. I do remember that I got the reaction I was after. She looked surprised, then grossed out, then laughed and told me I was terrible. Good times.