Tobaccopipes.com and the FL Tobacco Tax....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
florida-is-full-of-normal-people-126074.png

steals-car-prison-parking-lot-cops-tribalpdbi19v-k-_ksteez-people-florida-act-like-life-is-gta-game

42c426bb0d8596e19af25c34c2c8cb99.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I live in Louisiana and I've noticed the sales tax being added by online retailers. I've also received those nice little letters from the retailer showing how much I've purchased from them and the tax that was owed to the state if they didn't collect it upfront.

That being said, my last order was from Germany and I didn't pay any taxes or Custom duties on it.

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Florida attracts a certain type of person

Just remember, they all came from somewhere else....

"Give me your tired, your poor, (Your unemployed, seeking food stamps, etc.)
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, (Tax Free-No State Tax)
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. (Insert your State here)
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, (Greyhound or beater-no inspections req'd here)
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" (Route 95, 75, etc.)
Emma Lazarus (Apologies to your sonnet)

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Just remember, they all came from somewhere else....

"Give me your tired, your poor, (Your unemployed, seeking food stamps, etc.)
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, (Tax Free-No State Tax)
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. (Insert your State here)
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, (Greyhound or beater-no inspections req'd here)
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" (Route 95, 75, etc.)
Emma Lazarus (Apologies to your sonnet)
Correct so did all the criminal population of Australia ?

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Correct so did all the criminal population of Australia ?
This state can be a real dumpster fire. But in terms of taxes, since we don't pay state income tax I'm OK with sales taxes added on to most stuff. It's the other excessive taxes that annoy me.

Reactions: BROBS

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Unfortunately, will be my last tobacco order from them. So much for supporting a local business.
Sadly, I feel the same way. I may order some bulks from them since their bulk prices with the tax are pretty much in line with other online retailers, but that will likely be the extent of my business with them.

Reactions: BROBS

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
Ordered 2 tins of tobacco from them a while back. They wrote back and said they needed almost $15 more for tax to complete the order, that's on top of the tax already charged, so I cancelled. I live only a few miles from their store, but prefer to order online, as the order is in my mailbox the next day. Doubt I'll place any more tobacco orders from them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My aunt and uncle and their son, who is sort of my kid brother by about a year, moved to Florida in the sixties, after flirting with the Bahamas. They bought beautiful riverfront property, and my cuz eventually made a good living in real estate and built a handsome riverfront home on the same land. Now there are some algae troubles in the river and the public health thing that affects us all. Florida is a sort of paradise, but that is not the whole picture, alas. Those taxes pop up online everywhere. Iwan Ries started with that some years ago, just a fact of life.

As for the jet ski blow job, as my old driver's ed teacher used to tell the class, if you need to get it on, pull over and give it your full attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.