New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed my order today from three different vendors. Some small notes, which might help

1. HH Rustica is only available from Ken Byron Ventures-No Problem There

I did a comparison between Smoking Pipes and TobaccoPipes. I did not find any significant differences between the two
  • Both charge NJ Sales Tax. Good thing because I prefer paying my taxes upfront
  • Some tobacco is cheaper in Tobacco pipes but it’s only a few cents - So in the grand scheme of things it’s only a few $ and probably does not matter. In my tobacco pipes order, I put in some Escudo which is cheaper there
  • Other tobacco is cheaper in Smoking pipes. Generally only a few cents, so only a few $ in the grand scheme of things. However I have started buying pound bags of Three Sails very regularly (Not for smoking in a pipe) and it is much cheaper from SmokingPipes. So my smoking pipes order contained two bags of Three Sails, A few tins of Opening Night, Toscano Cigars, pipe cleaners, etc...
  • I wanted to buy Chacom #4 - It is almost 2 $ cheaper in SmokingPipes compared to TobaccoPipes - but it is out of stock in SmokingPipes. So guess who got the order?
  • The 10% off was a sweetener in TobaccoPipes and it helped them to get me as a customer, but not too sweet for a large order
  • SmokingPipes have a larger selection but the tobacco in demand is more often out of stock
  • The free shipping threshold is 95$ in SmokingPipes vs 75$ in TobaccoPipes- Again not much difference
  • Verdict - I need both of them, and will place order from both of them (as well as other vendors)

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I placed my order today from three different vendors. Some small notes, which might help

I did a comparison between Smoking Pipes and TobaccoPipes. I did not find any significant differences between the two
  • Some tobacco is cheaper in Tobacco pipes but it’s only a few cents - So in the grand scheme of things it’s only a few $ and probably does not matter. In my tobacco pipes order, I put in some Escudo which is cheaper there
  • Other tobacco is cheaper in Smoking pipes. Generally only a few cents, so only a few $ in the grand scheme of things. However I have started buying pound bags of Three Sails very regularly (Not for smoking in a pipe) and it is much cheaper from SmokingPipes. So my smoking pipes order contained two bags of Three Sails, A few tins of Opening Night, Toscano Cigars, pipe cleaners, etc...
  • I wanted to buy Chacom #4 - It is almost 2 $ cheaper in SmokingPipes compared to TobaccoPipes - but it is out of stock in SmokingPipes. So guess who got the order?
  • The 10% off was a sweetener in TobaccoPipes and it helped them to get me as a customer, but not too sweet for a large order
  • SmokingPipes have a larger selection but the tobacco in demand is more often out of stock
  • The free shipping threshold is 95$ in SmokingPipes vs 75$ in TobaccoPipes- Again not much difference
  • Verdict - I need both of them, and will place order from both of them (as well as other vendors)
Tobaccopipes has low pride guarantee so if you email them they will honor any difference

Reactions: cshubhra
Thank you! My smoking pipes order had the ones which are cheaper is SP and the TP order are the ones cheaper in TP. Regardless it’s would have been a few $ only. I did the side by side comparison for fun!

SP order and TP order was placed at almost the same minute (two different browser windows) and KBV order within 5 minutes after, so it’s also a race!!!
?
Tobaccopipes has low pride guarantee so if you email them they will honor any difference

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I knew about the discount but like a doofus filled up an $80 cart and then checked out without entering the code. I sent a message I'm hoping they'll give me a store credit or something ?

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019

Its available at P&C FWIW. Also Estervals has the 50g tins if you don't mind waiting a month.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com

this looks like the run through i constantly have to do when ordering. It's interesting to see this in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.