PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipe dream

Lurker
Mar 10, 2023
Title edited for caps and to conform to the body.
Original:

Baccy That Made Me Take Painkillers for 2 Weeks​

I recently bought a pouch of Amphora Full Aroma. It was pretty dry as it was from some random website.
It has something like a "dry" smell, cardboard smell to it. with some other aromatic smells. It also has glittering, unraised dots on it.
It got me suspicious about whether it is mold or not.

Last time i smoked a bowl of it, next morning I was sick. My throat hurt for 2 weeks straight and i've been throught hell taking 4 painkillers a day. However, I am not quick to tie the sickness to the baccy because the weather was starting to get cold too at those times.

Last night i smoked maybe 5 draws of it, maybe 5% of a bowl and had the same kind of pain but not the same intensity. It lasted for around 40 minutes. I don't know what is wrong with it but it tasted really good(as good as it can be considering what it is:)), burned fine the both times i tried it and was generally pleasant, minus giving insanely sore and puffed up frog-throat and causing me to take a sick leave for long times, losing money and missing a date with a petite one. I am hopeful that I can fix the later.

Short story long, what does that look and sound like to you what could it be? I never had that with any other tobacco and i am scared to even touch that tobacco now. (I am a newbie. I've been smoking pipe for 8 months but I smoke everyday and try as many things as possible)

Here is a picture of it:20230311_015715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: woodsroad

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
There is glitter on it tho is that normal? Photo might not be doing it justice
I pulled out a jar of it and I didn't notice anything sparkling on it, so I don't know if there is something off with what you have or not. I definitely can't see anything in the photo. I agree with Jesse though that if you think there is a problem with it and it is causing you issues then just dump it. Whatever it is, it's definitely not typical of Amphora or that blend though.