PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
Is there any correlation to tobacco type/blend to food or beverage preferences? I’m trying to see if there is an easier way to guess at what tobaccos I may like other than a scatter shot approach. I have tried about a dozen aromatics and find them all lacking depth of flavor even though I can taste the main flavoring. They all seem to be one note wonders.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Is there any correlation to tobacco type/blend to food or beverage preferences?
Your palate is individual. If you stumble onto another smoker with similar tastes, find out what they like. Otherwise you'll just have to explore . . . learn . . . on your own. It's a fun journey for most.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have tried about a dozen aromatics and find them all lacking depth of flavor even though I can taste the main flavoring.
If you're just in your first few years of smoking, aromatics are going to be a lost cause to you.

Is there any correlation to tobacco type/blend to food or beverage preferences?
If there is, I've not noticed one.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
I know I have seen a guide that looks at food preferances but haven't found it. Try this and I will keep on looking.

Good luck.

Reactions: Fralphog

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
I know I have seen a guide that looks at food preferances but haven't found it. Try this and I will keep on looking.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info!

Swampfox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
North Central Florida
Mac Baren The Solent Mixture
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake
C&D Black Frigate
C&D Dreams of Kadath
C&D Miskatonic Mixture
Watch City Slices

4Noggins Prairie Wind

Thank y’all for the recommendations. I just read the reviews for these and they all sound great. Especially Solent Mixture and Watch City. I look forward to sampling as many as I can.

dPero

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2022
Stafilic
I started with some lame aromatics ???, but then I tried Robert McConell’s heritage NOTTING HILL and PICCADILLY that whole other world, as said above, and I’m hooked. After I tried lighter VIrginias (Capstan) and Peterson University flake… tr if you can find McConell heritage all of them and Rattray Old Gowrie