PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Right now I'm finishing off a tin of GLP Triple Play, which I find full-flavored without being overbearing.

It's cube/plug. Also, the Luxury Navy Flake (Peter Stokkebye) that someone mentioned earlier.

An interesting aro is Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge, Va/bur/Cav/rum. Also, Lanes LL-7. Definitely

try mixing tobaccos. Best to keep it simple at first, like maybe a Virginia, a plain burley, and maybe

Cavendish for flavoring. I'd mix it a pipe bowl or two at a time in a ceramic bowl, so you can adjust

the proportions. An easy first outing is equal parts Va and bur, with a lesser but liberal pinch of Cav.

You can try throwing in complex blends with eachother, but this can be pretty harsh or just not a good

taste.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I received this Stanwell yesterday. Not new. The original owner had left dottle in the chamber. Fortunately, he was not an aromatic smoker. Pretty heavy on the latakia, though. Anyway, I cleaned and sanitized. Came to realize that perhaps the original owner had smoked maybe one or two bowls. I need to treat this as a new pipe. So filled it halfway with London Mixture and enjoyed my fist smoke. Very nice.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Escudo Navy Deluxe. You will not regret it, I promise.
And that is a beautiful Stanwell!

Status
Not open for further replies.