PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

EvertonFC

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2020
Philadelphia
Seems much worse. You can no longer sort search results as you once could. For instance, if a search returns multiple items you use to be able to click any of the column headings (Reviews, Avg. Rating, etc.) and it would sort based on that column. Now it sorts by Reviews (total count) and you can't sort by anything else. So apparently they downgraded the site.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
OK, so I managed to reset my password, looked around the forum, and see absolutely nothing that makes me want to look at it again. Your mileage may vary.
the only reason I go there is to find out what certain aromatics are supposed to taste like. You know the ones that describe themselves as delightfully aromatic. Didn't know delight had an aroma.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Well it worked for me the other day but no longer. (Simply as a viewer, not a re-viewer.)

I went there again just now, had a glitch, retyped the web address and started over. The home page now has no prominence regarding the topic of "tobacco reviews"... none.

"Check out our forum"
"Check out our poll"
"Check out our archives"
"Check out our blog"
ETC.

"Tobacco Reviews"? Oh, yeah... see that tiny little verbiage at the top? Tobacco Search. No longer prominent. No longer the focus of the site? Aaaaannnd - no longer functional.

I'm definitely not a fan of joining the complaining mob, but I was VERY HAPPY with what I could find before.

But I'll complain now because I'm participating in the box pass, and when I encounter a bunch of new-to-me blends (as I'll soon do) that was my main source of research. I go there (went there) basically EVERY DAY to read about blends that I'd seen mentioned.

I guess I'm acknowledging that while it may not have done much for others, for me, at this stage in my game, it was a frequently utilized resource that I'm currently missing.

In the meantime, is there another site that could provide me with legitimate blend info? I'm gonna get a box pretty soon.................

🤞

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
We can beat a dead horse about TR, but they’ll eventually get it worked out. My take on it is that the only reason to go there are the reviews. And those have been hobbled by the anonymous nature of many of the entries, and the fact that any review older than a few years is of marginal value, as manufacturers change blend contents and quality.

Charly

Lurker
Jul 30, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello.

It is happening that tobacco reviews appear in my name, when I never did reviews.
The new update is flagging a lot of bugs.
For example, at the moment it won't let me enter, it marks an error...

Greetings.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
We can beat a dead horse about TR, but they’ll eventually get it worked out. My take on it is that the only reason to go there are the reviews. And those have been hobbled by the anonymous nature of many of the entries, and the fact that any review older than a few years is of marginal value, as manufacturers change blend contents and quality.
I hope you're right about them eventually getting it working, but there are no guarantees. MacB may be many things, but web development is clearly brand new territory for the company. It's not that they are doing a bad job, it's that they didn't even know the questions to ask to ascertain whether or not their rollout would be successful.

My main use case is looking at my own reviews and edit them as I go through jars. Could take weeks, but often it's months or years. Then I look at other reviews to see if I can pick out the nuances, or just be entertained. But without the ability to own and edit my own reviews, the site is neutered for me.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Virtually every time I hear that a website is being "upgraded," I cringe in dread of the inevitable result. TR.com is merely one example of what appears to be an immutable truth of AI run amok.

It's always a regression, always. Without exception. Can one really expect anything better from a race of beings that has been completely assimilated into the iPhone borg?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Virtually every time I hear that a website is being "upgraded," I cringe in dread of the inevitable result. TR.com is merely one example of what appears to be an immutable truth of AI run amok.

It's always a regression, always. Without exception. Can one really expect anything better from a race of beings that has been completely assimilated into the iPhone borg?
Enjoying the forum on my iPhone right now! About to switch to CarPlay for the drive out for the first 18 holes I’ve played in a month! Won’t use the phone for mapping - still know the way! Been preoccupied since early June …
“Rise, good sir knight!”
IMG_8346.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8346.jpeg
    IMG_8346.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
What happened to being able to sort reviews by age, and see manufacturers’ blends with tobacco varieties called out?

I haven’t been around long, and don’t like the new site much at all. It had great tools for sorting out/finding blends, now nothing can be found unless you know what you’re looking for to begin with (if that makes any sense).

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
There was clearly no thought , plan, or qa put into the New version of the site. The rollout has been a flaming dumpster fire from the launch.
I don't think they ever put much thought, planning, or QA in the old version either. Some people still gave it a lot of clicks though. Low input for output, maybe the folks at TR are smarter than we think... Here we are buzzing about it and people are going back and forth checking it and reporting back, maybe even more clicks than before. $uper $mart move with the rede$ign.

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022
I don't think they ever put much thought, planning, or QA in the old version either. Some people still gave it a lot of clicks though. Low input for output, maybe the folks at TR are smarter than we think... Here we are buzzing about it and people are going back and forth checking it and reporting back, maybe even more clicks than before. $uper $mart move with the rede$ign.

The old version may have been on autopilot for years but it actually worked. Had basic sort and searching functions , and never went down.

I know it's crazy right?