PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Hello.
Perhaps it would be interesting to comment a little on what the pipe and tobacco hobby is like in my country.

So I thought of making a count of the tobacco shops that I know in Buenos Aires.

The first one I would like to review is “Casa Pintos”

It is located on Avenida de Mayo, which is the avenue that connects Plaza de Mayo with Plaza del Congreso, very close to Plaza de Mayo.

Very within the tourist circuit of the city and in the heart of the city.

What can we find in “Casa Pintos”? Lots of pipe tobacco, even more rolling tobacco, cigars, pipes, pipe cleaners, Czech tools, etc.

But not only that, because it is a kind of refuge for traditional gentlemen. You can also find perhaps the largest selection of fountain pens and all their accessories, inks, papers, etc., in the entire city.

But on top of that we also find everything you need for traditional shaving. Edges, machines, knives, brushes, etc.

In addition, also cards, cufflinks, wallets, etc.

The dependents, owners? They are elderly, so I don't know how long it lasts over time.

In my opinion they have much more in the back room than what they expose, especially in pipes.

You have to be a regular customer to see the good stuffEdX7QjEXgAAPkjM.jpg11XcaUX5_400x400-1.jpgimages.jpeg.

But for now it still exists

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
The galerías porteñas are portals where time and place fold over onto themselves in juxtaposition. Borges and Dolina wrote about these things that defy understanding, but are yet familiar to the heart.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
The tobacco that you can find in Argentina are generally European. Mac Baren, Scandinavian Tobacco, plant. Peterson's, etc
Alejo R.

Thank you for replying. This confirms what I was expecting.

Thank you for sharing about the pipe and tobacco scene in Buenos Aires.
if there’s any other updates, please post them; it would be great to see more pictures of your wonderful city.

Reactions: Alejo R.