PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klause

I'm very sorry to hear this Igloo.
Weezel has it just right in his comment.
I'll take my 2 boys for an extra long walk this evening and think about you and your little friend.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You have my sympathies. Though a cat person myself, your animal companions can be more loyal than family. Love without pretense. Just remember that the capacity for love that you had for her can be shared with a little wiggly puppy that needs it too. And BTW, they do go to Heaven. Too much love not to.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Sorry as hell for your loss. Thanks for sharing and allowing me and others to recall similar loss in empathetic response.

There is something uniquely intelligent about a JR. I imagine that their popularity as a breed got a big boost from the TV show Fraser, but, even way back to Lady and the Tramp, a terrier epitomized personality. These bright little spark plugs will not permit you to become melancholic as long as they live, but when they're gone, well..you just have to accept some bitters with your sweet, to put it very callously.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
My little pal was 13 in December, and its hard to know that she may not be around very much longer,I can only hope you bear well.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Igloo, I am sorry to hear about the passing of Mirissa. It is never easy when we lose our pets. I can feel your pain through the remembrance of the loss of my dogs.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
So sorry for your loss. So glad to hear you were with with him when he went. He knew it.
I have a cat and he has been my faithful companion. He will be 12 this year and although he is in good health, I realize time is moving on. I don't like to think about that loss.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
So very sorry to hear your best friend passed away. I will dedicate my first after

dinner bowl to you both this evening. I hope fond memories of her help your sadness to pass quickly!

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I feel for you. Some people don't see it the same way I do, but when a pet is gone it is another member of your family gone. My condolences to you and I know you will have another in your life. Pet owners never quit owning others.

stvalentine

Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
I don´t dare to think of the day when we will have to let go our two spanish Galgos! My thoughts are with you igloo. Run free little Merissa! :crying:

skagit

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
Many condolences, it's always so hard to lose a dog.
I've got a lab that's getting up there in years...I've been thinking about it lately and I'm already dreading the day he goes.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So sorry, Igloo - we've lost several pets over the years and it always sucks. My deepest condolences to you and yours.

Jan 8, 2013
So sorry for your loss. It is always a sad day when a beloved pet passes away. You were with Merissa in her final moments to comfort her and show her your love. And it sounds to me that just maybe she knew it was her time and so howled to wake you up so she could be with you just a little longer in this life so you would know she loved you too. Condolences. I will smoke a pipe for you both.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
She wanted no more than for you to comfort her as she left this life and passed to the next, where she will be waiting to love you once more, this time forever. You gave her that.

Of course she is in heaven. There is no other place fitting for the eternal mutual love between animals and their

beloved families.

So sorry for your pain and loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.