PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I woke to the blood curdling of my 14 year old Jack Russell howling this morning .So I got out of bed and calmed her down . You see she hasn't been feeling well for some time , walking into walls and acting peculiar . I picked her up off the floor and put her in her bed and covered her with her favorite blanket and proceeded to make coffee .When I got out of the shower she was breathing heavy ,so I held her until she passed .I hope all dogs go to heaven because they are truly mans best friends .Please join me in a smoke to think about how all our pets enrich our lives ,while I dry the tears in the corners of my eyes .

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
igloo:
In honor of your Mirissa I offer the following, together with my heartfelt condolences:
The Power of the Dog

-Rudyard Kipling
There is sorrow enough in the natural way

From men and women to fill our day;

And when we are certain of sorrow in store,

Why do we always arrange for more?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
Buy a pup and your money will buy

Love unflinching that cannot lie--

Perfect passion and worship fed

By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.

Nevertheless it is hardly fair

To risk your heart for a dog to tear.
When the fourteen years which Nature permits

Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,

And the vet's unspoken prescription runs

To lethal chambers or loaded guns,

Then you will find--it's your own affair--

But...you've given your heart for a dog to tear.
When the body that lived at your single will,

With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!);

When the spirit that answered your every mood

Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,

You will discover how much you care,

And will give your heart for the dog to tear.
We've sorrow enough in the natural way,

When it comes to burying Christian clay.

Our loves are not given, but only lent,

At compound interest of cent per cent.

Though it is not always the case, I believe,

That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,

A short-time loan is as bad as a long--

So why in Heaven (before we are there)

Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
I'm a dog lover.
I've had 3 dogs in the last twenty years. A Siberian Huskey, a total mutt, and a Golden Retriever.
I loved/love those dogs more than some of my immediate family members.
I just packed a bowl and am thinking of you and yours.
Remember times you enjoyed and not times lost. That pup can live forever in your thoughts. Visit them on occasion when your sitting on the porch on a nice day smoking a pipe.
Regards,
Rob

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
igloo, I will fire up a bowl in her honor when I take my two out for a walk in a few minutes. My condolences for your loss. Now I need to wipe a tear as well.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Igloo ... I'm so sorry.
I've been through this twice recently and it is always so hard.
We love them like the family members they are and miss them just as much.
You said:
I hope all dogs go to heaven
Well, if they don't, I want to go where they do.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My sincere condolences igloo. Mine passed in her 14th year also...that was almost a year ago now, and I'm still not completely over it.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Sorry for this Igloo. May the sadness you now feel with the passing of Mirissa be replaced soon with fond memories of your time together. It's never easy, I know.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Im sorry to hear that right now we have a 14 year old miniature schnauzer who is in renal failure and every day has been a struggle, I do to hope dogs go to heaven.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Death looms over us all with the only control in this universe being how and where we invest ourselves. What a powerful gift to give. When time has run its course, we should all be as lucky Mirissa having someone invest in us as you did her and passing as I hope all our loved ones will, in the company that cares for them most.
I'm truly saddened by your loss.
j/B

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
But they must go to heaven! Without their companionship and unwavering love it would be incomplete...

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
I'm sorry, Igloo. My condolences... Few things are as great a comfort in life, as a good dog, and few things are as sad as a good dog's passing. Comfort to you, my friend.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Igloo you have my heartfelt condolences. I will think of you and Mirissa with a bowlful tomorrow. I have a 9 year old papillon who has been nicknamed by my family as my "pipe buddy". Whenever I get ready to have a bowl or 2 on the backyard he starts jumping for the door and stays by my side the entire time. I dread the day you have just experienced but know that it to will come for me and my family..... Farewell Mirissa..............

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
So sorry, Igloo. She was well loved by you it seems. 14 years is a strong bond between a dog and her human. Dogs go to heaven, they are a pure force of unconditional love. Here's to Mirissa.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
You can take comfort in the fact that you provided the best home and the best life she could have had. You will always have your memories. She will live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.