PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Those market fresh sandwiches are good. Coupon now for $2.99 each. You can buy up to five tins sandwiches per coupon. My postman always brings me at least three or four extra flyers that have restaurant coupons in them. Another reason why I don’t get too bent out of shape when one of my packages takes the scenic tour.
OGS has the “in” on sandwiches. ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Those market fresh sandwiches are good. Coupon now for $2.99 each. You can buy up to five tins sandwiches per coupon. My postman always brings me at least three or four extra flyers that have restaurant coupons in them. Another reason why I don’t get too bent out of shape when one of my packages takes the scenic tour.
They are actually pretty good. That turkey ranch.....for fast food.....it’ll do.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The Reuben isn’t bad for $2.99, either. In my area, there is a deli that has really good Reubens, and they aren’t in that league, but they aren’t $7.49, either.
My father in law makes Reubens whenever we end up at his cabin during moose season. They are like a pound, and I would eat like 5 if it weren’t for the fact that I would immediately blast shit.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Turkey ranch bacon for $3.28, tax, tag and title, drive it off the lot, is a bargain. I forego sides and a drink. I have a mask in the car, but don’t wear it at the drive through for fear of being mistaken as a robber.
Haha it ain’t $3.28 in AK I can tell you that! Fast food prices are like double here compared to the lower 48. No $1 menus, no $5 foot longs, etc. advantage is it makes it much less appealing, unless of course enough alcohol is consumed.

Oct 7, 2016
Haha it ain’t $3.28 in AK I can tell you that! Fast food prices are like double here compared to the lower 48. No $1 menus, no $5 foot longs, etc. advantage is it makes it much less appealing, unless of course enough alcohol is consumed.

From my two forays in Alaska, I can’t imagine a lack of alcohol consumption would be an impediment.

• Haha
Reactions: canucklehead

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
And then they get in a beat up plane and fly somewhere where the runway looks like a postage stamp.
Haha, not me sir! 8 hours from bottle to throttle, that’s the law. Flying sober requires enough attention as it is, and I almost always have passengers who I have to think about. Beyond that the FAA would have your nutsac (and bank accounts) if anything happened.

I may have landed on a muddy postage stamp or babbling brook a time or 6 though:LOL:

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Haha, I used to eat Arby's all the time. Then I realized, that all I really liked was the mixture of Arby's Sauce and Horsey Sauce, and that I was really just eating a shit sandwich covered in delicious goo. Now I go and order a market fresh sandwich with 10 packets of sauce to stock up and just put it on food at home.

Man. That explains my love for Arby’s to a T! Thanks for helping me figure out why I like it so much! Nothing like the mix of Arby’s and Horsey sauce.

Oct 7, 2016
Haha, not me sir! 8 hours from bottle to throttle, that’s the law. Flying sober requires enough attention as it is, and I almost always have passengers who I have to think about. Beyond that the FAA would have your nutsac (and bank accounts) if anything happened.

I may have landed on a muddy postage stamp or babbling brook a time or 6 though:LOL:
Last time I was there was around 1985. When did the FAA gain a foothold ? I had one client who swore that natives were born pilots, no license needed.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Haha, I used to eat Arby's all the time. Then I realized, that all I really liked was the mixture of Arby's Sauce and Horsey Sauce, and that I was really just eating a shit sandwich covered in delicious goo. Now I go and order a market fresh sandwich with 10 packets of sauce to stock up and just put it on food at home.
That mixture is bomb for their fries. Love it

• Love
Reactions: BROBS and Bowie

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Last time I was there was around 1985. When did the FAA gain a foothold ? I had one client who swore that natives were born pilots, no license needed.
Hahaha, well a lot has changed since 1985. For at least the last two decades the FAA presence is both strong and strict. When you fly out of the Anchorage/Mat-Su area anyway. I’m sure in some of the more remote parts of the state some rogue cowboy shit still (literally) flys under the radar, but the consequences for such things have become immense.

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Just to quickly weigh in: we sort of hate having to have tin limits too, but the alternative--getting cleaned out in minutes--is much worse. We've experimented with various ways to allocate scarce tobaccos, but at the end of the day, the problem is that there are fewer tins to sell than people want to buy for a number of products these days. And that makes people sad.

Sorry, @BROBS, there's just not a good way to solve this problem without restricting the number of tins per customer per day. I feel your pain though. It sucks. I know (believe me: we know).
Recognizing that there is yet another alternative -- raising prices -- thank you for not going that route.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.