PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Well I wanna buy more than 5 tins... I only want one blend and would get to the free shipping level but can’t with 5!

Reactions: SpookedPiper

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
not as much as people that buy huge amounts of a certain brand. You know when they have such a big cellar they could spend the rest of their lives chain smoking one blend and barely dent their supply. Or having the same blends bought up to get scalped latter by a few individuals.
I’d never pay over retail for a tin that is still in production unless it was aged.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Can't you just do two transactions? I did this the other night at Arby's with coupons. Haha it embarrassed my wife, but it worked.
Haha, I used to eat Arby's all the time. Then I realized, that all I really liked was the mixture of Arby's Sauce and Horsey Sauce, and that I was really just eating a shit sandwich covered in delicious goo. Now I go and order a market fresh sandwich with 10 packets of sauce to stock up and just put it on food at home.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Haha, I used to eat Arby's all the time. Then I realized, that all I really liked was the mixture of Arby's Sauce and Horsey Sauce, and that I was really just eating a shit sandwich covered in delicious goo. Now I go and order a market fresh sandwich with 10 packets of sauce to stock up and just put it on food at home.

It's not meat and the cheese isn't cheese .. but the sauce is the shit.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Tin limits are, in general, a fact of life. If I really want to stock up on a blend, I'll order the 5 and find 3 to 5 others I have no issue purchasing to meet the shipping minimum. 2 tin limit? Forget about it. I also think this is a strategy by some of the internet retailers. Maximize the leverage of hard to find blends by getting people to add to the cart, with other more available blends, to meet the shipping minimum.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Just order Chalet Sauce from Canada. ? same thing

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Tin limits are, in general, a fact of life. If I really want to stock up on a blend, I'll order the 5 and find 3 to 5 others I have no issue purchasing to meet the shipping minimum. 2 tin limit? Forget about it. I also think this is a strategy by some of the internet retailers. Maximize the leverage of hard to find blends by getting people to add to the cart, with other more available blends, to meet the shipping minimum.
I could see that being the case. Get rid of stock that isn’t ordered as much.

Reactions: gervais

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
In 2012 I bought a lot of tobacco, maybe 120 lbs, including 20 500g boxes of Dark Flake. By this I could thumb my nose at the FDA. Sounds like a lot, but for a period of about 3? years I'd go through a 300g jar of Dark Flake every month. Jarred, I had about 15 cases of pints.

When I was trying to buy that amount I worked for Rich at 4noggins, the former owner, and I bought from him at discount. I kept increasing how much I wanted to buy, and when I exhausted his supply, he called some distributor to see if he could;d get me more. Turns out he could, but he kept a few boxes for himself that he would 't allow me to buy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The retailer is in a box. If they have tin limits, people feel shunted. If they raise the price to where the demand dwindles, they're gouging. If they have no limit, the first two customers buy them out, and everyone else complains they never carry the stuff. I give big points for brands and blends that answer demand with supply. That used to be one of the salient features of capitalism. Ahem.

Status
Not open for further replies.