Tien Len, Cribbage and Backgammon...What's Next?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
So my wife and I play a game called Tien Len or Viet Cards with two of our friends, which I learned in high school (and took a long time for me to teach them how to play). We have a few house rules, but play all the time and can't get enough!

Recently I learned how to play Backgammon (only 2 people) and they taught us Cribbage, which we have played the last few get togethers and really enjoy!

Anybody else play board games or cards and if so what's your favorite 4 player game??

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
So my wife and I play a game called Tien Len or Viet Cards with two of our friends, which I learned in high school (and took a long time for me to teach them how to play). We have a few house rules, but play all the time and can't get enough!

Recently I learned how to play Backgammon (only 2 people) and they taught us Cribbage, which we have played the last few get togethers and really enjoy!

Anybody else play board games or cards and if so what's your favorite 4 player game??

My wife and I play rummy.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Have not heard of a few of these Euchre , Spite and Malice being a few. I'll have to read up and see if they can handle it. Are these easy to learn?

I like Hearts and Spades but hard to convince them for some strange reason. And dominos is good too - we have another friend which that 42 is her game of choice, so play when she's around.

I'll let you know if I have any luck!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Big cribbage and backgammon player. Enjoy it as a betting game. I fancy myself as a solid gammon player, but my 18 year old daughter is kicking my butt lately. Cribbage is great as long as it's played fast.

Another fun game is Pente

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Raylan

Lurker
Nov 16, 2020
Hearts, with the Queen of Spades worth 13 points and passing three cards to the left - best played with 4 each person in it for themselves. Pepper - a variation of Euchre - use Ace through 9 - 24 cards - 4 players - all cards are dealt - then starting with the left of dealer each person can bid tricks - whoever wins the bid gets to call trump - jacks are trump in the suite and same color suite called - first team to fifty wins. Spades. Blackjack. Poker. Boardgames - checkers, chess, othello. Party games - monopoly, clue, risk. Dice games - Yahtzee.

Status
Not open for further replies.