Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
You all have never thrown tobacco away? Something tells me you have never tried Mixture #79.
LOL Jimbo.
I was discussing with Bob how I can't understand why Mixture 79 gets such a bad rap as mine is really good.
Then Bob pointed out that mine is 12-years old and that may make a difference.
Don't throw away your Mixture 79!

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
The only Tobacco I ever threw out was this stuff that had a horrid case of mold.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
Don't get me wrong. Mixture 79 makes a great potpouri. It smells great in the pouch. JUST DON'T LET IT GET NEAR A MATCH>

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Beaupipe said
Firedance Flake, which happens to be the only tobacco I've ever tossed into the crapper.

I'm glad you spoke up because I was curious, and the only thing that prevented me from buying some was that, like all SG's stuff, it was out of stock. Is it like a drugstore aro? Or does it just taste lousy? It's supposed to be blackberry, brandy & vanilla, or something like that.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have to dissent on SG Firedance Flake. I like the little bit I've been able to obtain. It's cool smoking, doesn't gurgle, and tastes and smells wonderful. Granted, the box that it came from at my local tobacconists looked like it was made in the late 80's, and I didn't have to rub it out really. Just break some of the larger flake pieces up to a more uniform size, and I was off. So, I guess the FDF (hey, a new abbreviation!) that I had was perfectly aged but I'm looking for more to cellar.
To each, his own.
-Jason

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
Take two blends you don't really care for, mix them together, and sometimes you get something you like. It's better than tossing it...

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Yes, I'm a litter bug. I tried a bowl of Borkim Riff Whiskey once. It left the truck at 65 mph about three puffs into the bowl. The same thing happened with the last packet of Half and Half. The H&H was so wet with humectant that it was actuaslly steaming.

arko

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
If there's a blend I don't care for, I either give it away, or, if it's not totally repulsive, jar it. As far as I recall I've only dumped to tobaccos in the trash, and that was Black Luxery and Caramel, both from Danske Club. YUK!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Chuckw said It left the truck at 65 mph about three puffs into the bowl. The same thing happened with the last packet of Half and Half.
LMAO! I'm giggling like a schoolgirl here! My daughter is looking at me as if I have two heads. Hehehe. Thanks for that.
-Jason

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I recently came across a blend of especially potent tobaccos that I found especially unpleasant. After some consideration of my options, I found that adding it in small amounts to some Captain Black, makes the old drugstore stuff far more interesting. I cannot imagine disposing of any tobacco for any reason. Be creative and you may come up with a happy surprise.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
And you can always save unwanted baccy for the box pass....lol, as someone wants to try your old nasty baccy just to satisfy their curiosity....like me.

rusco135

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
@pstlpkr
I like that idea of "Bottom of the Bag" half and half??
Tell us more??
Does anything go into jar??

Status
Not open for further replies.