Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
It was a class Delta fire.
http://rebrn.com/re/water-on-a-magnesium-fire-2632382/

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I do not know about Starcat but it was pretty damn bad. I wanted to join Ash in drinking but was stuck in traffic, reading with an expression somewhat akin to awe at the piss and vinegar. But I will now raise a glass, or two even, to the pure venom that passed. Damn.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's difficult to compare the two. Starcat was like Woodstock...today's was like Altamont.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
I found it shocking in its lack of respect, civility and singular crudeness. I'm more of a skeptic/agnostic and not in the least offended by religious critiques, but last night set the bar at such a low malicious level I was embarrassed. I don't practice a religion but was shocked at some of the juvenile crude comments. There was zero tolerance or respect for an another's dignity.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
When I got up this morning I wondered where 'that' thread had gone. Even within an hour or so of it being started it was already being overrun by crude and childish 'jokes'. I am not surprised the mods dealt with it.
However, although I am 'religious', I have a pretty high tolerance for off-colour remarks and jokes. Instead, my overwhelming feeling was disappointment: I have always considered pipemen to be among the most thoughtful and open-hearted of people. I still believe this to be true, even if a few of us evidently do not deserve the honourable title of 'pipeman'.
Mike

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I found it shocking in its lack of respect, civility and singular crudeness.
my overwhelming feeling was disappointment:
+1, Same as above but slowly turned to anger, not what I come here for. Childish, thoughtless and hateful. Added bonus of posts from a certain person who should know better after his rants on his company's social media site. 8O

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
The first real foul I saw (after the OP, that is ) was jackswilling calling a site sponsor a POS

Status
Not open for further replies.