PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dsturg369

Can't Leave
May 9, 2009
Augusta, GA
There are many times that it seems when I want a pipe the most I don't have one in hand. I started putting together little kits with a couple of cobs, accessories and a couple of different tobacco blends and keeping them here and there... In the vehicle glovebox, fishing gear, hunting pack, etc... Rotating the tobaccos now and again.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I’m on vacation with my family and do not have a pipe with me. I find myself walking around and thinking about pipes…my own, ones I want to make, even occasionally mouthing the action of puffing. Has anyone else experienced this? Have to admit that daydreaming about pipes isn’t a bad way to spend the afternoon.
when I got hipster covid (before anyone else did, when it was still being talked about in do you think it will get here??) my throat hurt so bad when I tried to smoke I couldn't do it. Then my sense of taste took a while to get back. During those times I had an insane number of dreams about pipes and smoking.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Going on a 5 day break Monday and keep getting told by my wife I need to start thinking about packing my suitcase.
I worked with two recent break ups and that made me read the bit about your wife telling you to start thinking about packing you bags in a totally different light then vacation. Glad for you I was wrong.
I've told her it will have to wait until I've settled on my pipe bag. When I said 'if you love me you'd understand' I just got a roll of the eyes.

May 23, 2023
When work slows down I spend a lot of time at my desk. This inevitably leads me to cruising the interwebs and window shopping all kinds of pipes and tobacco without ever pulling the trigger on them. I only average about a bowl a day and I already have more tobacco than I could smoke in a year. The only purchase I could really justify is another medium sized briar (only have one at the moment), but I haven't found the right one at the right price.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always take a few pipes and few blends on trips. In fact, traveling often doesn't allow much time for pipe smoking anyway, hustling to pack, unpack, make the flight or the train or bus, not to mention seeing or doing whatever it is you want.

But there are usually at least a few stops where you can get off alone, if the family avoids your smoking, and have a bowl. It's a small pleasure and worth a small bit of space in your carry-on or luggage. For future reference.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I do puffing with different tobacco smoking forms. With pipes, not sure what I'm doing, but it's not puffing. Not exactly sipping or just breathing. I can only call it pipe smoking.

Reactions: Lucashly

denholrl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2011
There are many times that it seems when I want a pipe the most I don't have one in hand. I started putting together little kits with a couple of cobs, accessories and a couple of different tobacco blends and keeping them here and there... In the vehicle glovebox, fishing gear, hunting pack, etc... Rotating the tobaccos now and again.
I like your plan. I'm going to chose one permanent car-pipe and some tobacco and keep them in the console along with matches, tamper and cleaners. Thanks.

Reactions: Lucashly and SteveP