Things You Hate About Pipe Smoking

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

snagstangl

Preferred Member
Jul 1, 2013
Oxidation! and i agree with pappy mac, where the hell did all the catalogs and records go?

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
I’m not fond of the unavailability of some of my favorite blends but it’s no biggie really since I saw it coming but it would be nice if some of the new comers could experience some of them without paying an arm and a leg. Hate is a strong word though, I don’t hate anything really, love is the only answer. :D

alsatmem

Jan 7, 2019
Waiting on USPS or UPS to deliver that hotly anticipated new pipe and/or blend. Usually not much patience left after yet another 10 1/2 hour work day!

renfield

Preferred Member
Oct 16, 2011
While I’m happy that Mike and Mary are taking a well earned retirement I hate the fact that McClelland’s is no more.

lochinvar

Preferred Member
Oct 22, 2013
1. When the tobacco burns up before I'm done.

2. The words "Out of Stock" (especially as relates to Gawith, Rattray and Germain)

3. The way McClellands is gone

4. When people walk up and ask "What kinda good stuff you smoking in that, heheheh?"

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Tongue bite and palette fatigue. The discrimination about smoking and being lumped together with cigarette smokers.

cajomu

Jul 15, 2018
I don't like the fact that smoking a pipe is bad for my health. I wish it were a harmless pleasure but, let's be honest, it's not.
I try to minimize the risk by limiting myself to one bowl a day and not inhaling, but I know that there is still a risk.
As much as I enjoy pipe smoking, I'm glad none of my kids picked up the habit.