Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
2v23FkJCMx3L6Bn.png
OK, the good news is that, so far, only three people have reported not receiving their Secret Santa gift. That's only good news if you aren't one of those three people, but I really did expect there to be three times that many left high and dry after the Fat Man sang. I have responded to each of them and have sent emails to to their respective Secret Santa's, seeking tracking info.

Just as good news is that numerous PipesMagazine forum members have contacted me over the last month or so, offering to fill in as Surrogate Secret Santa's, if packages or the people who were supposed to send them, go missing. Some of these folks didn't even sign up for this event. That is incredibly generous, and damn near reaffirms my faith in mankind. But, alas, we aren't at that point. I'm confident that the lost packages will arrive safely, albeit late, thanks to the overwhelmed elves at the USPS.

Hang in there, Passover is coming!

-SantaDan

Pipenwheels

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2020
Ohio
I cannot add to what my fellow pipe smokers have already said but I will try:
Dan, you are a scholar, a gentleman and a gift to every single piper & pipette on this humble internet-machine forum-gizmo!

Truly, this exercise served as a gentle reminder of what makes this season important, namely, priority of the well-being of our fellow man over our own.

Also, a reminder that no matter the station or lot of a man, if he be a pipe smoker, a cut above the rest, will he be!

Cheers!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I'm a 4th, but I was sent an email by my SS that another has been sent, so I didn't fill out the form.
I think the first package will still make it though.
It, like other packages I have also in transit to or from me, is still showing in limbo.

There are definitely still trucks of packages sitting as people take their vacation time at USPS right now.
I think e still have two weeks of catch up ahead of us at least.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Wow, this is so awesome!
The USPS God's have ultimately deemed me worthy of receiving a package and, man, does it deliver!
This is an overwhelming level of generosity, thanks so much!

I missed out on the Cringle so very excited to try that right away and the others are all going to be fun as well!
(Wild Man sounds particularly interesting)
Not to mention that I've been looking for a leather pipe holder like this, and its SO well made!
Very much appreciated! Happy New Year all!

mnrka0y.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Wow, this is so awesome!
The USPS God's have ultimately deemed me worthy of receiving a package and, man, does it deliver!
This is an overwhelming level of generosity, thanks so much!

I missed out on the Cringle so very excited to try that right away and the others are all going to be fun as well!
(Wild Man sounds particularly interesting)
Not to mention that I've been looking for a leather pipe holder like this, and its SO well made!
Very much appreciated! Happy New Year all!

mnrka0y.jpg
Holy Yenidje! That's great!
Two down, three to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.