PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I wouldn't want you to be misled.

I appreciate that, thanks for the detail! I had no idea it was part of the master and commander series, which is absolutely up my alley, and been on my long list of things to read, so it’s getting bumped up a few notches. No fear of the genre leap here.

@aquadoc also appreciated. I see the point you were making with the depth and potential difficulty beginning for newcomers. I had no trouble getting into Malazan, and the historical aspect of sailing and survival appeals greatly to me so, I’m encouraged more than deterred.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have never had an issue with the USPS until the current postmaster general took over. He completely screwed the USPS and all of us at the same time. It is criminal. There is no justification for his ordering the destruction of the newly modernized sorting equipment.
The whole thing smacks of political retribution. By that I mean postal union sabotage. You read it hear first.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The whole thing smacks of political retribution. By that I mean postal union sabotage. You read it hear first.
Knowing multiple postman(women too) (including 2 cousins), I know that your statement is false. The postmaster general threw sorting into a nightmare with the equipment fiasco and set the USPS back 3 decades. There has been political pressure to break up the USPS and farm it out to private firms. The postal workers are working their asses off and through a pandemic to keep their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.