PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I want to start off by saying, I have never felt like I was was going to throw up from opening a package. I am so overwhelmed by how kind, generous and thoughtful my secret Santa was! I am so grateful and don't really know how to put it into words!
This person clearly read through a bunch of my posts, and found out a lot about me.
A clever poem about the contents.
In search of pipe dreams book.
A custom blended Earl Grey Tea (I love Earl Grey) & infuser
Squadron Leader
Wessex Campaign
Kendal Cream Deluxe Flake
TOM ELTANG RUSTICATED BAMBOO POKER.

Thank you 1000x and I thank God for your kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity. I hope your Santa was just as kind to you. I'm still in shock!
IMG_20201221_111030.jpg

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
@solideogloria86

Do you have any idea who your SS was? You must have done something right this past year.

I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of incredible generosity. Just pay it forward ?
I honestly have no clue! I've been trying to work it out and I definitely plan on paying it forward. The tracking info showed that it was posted in New Jersey, but the return address is in Florida. I'm wondering if it the person is a snowbird, or if they were traveling and shipped while they were out. The address label and poem were typed, so I can't send it off for handwriting analysis. Hopefully I'll figure it out though. Maybe these clues will cause someone to drop me a another hint or outright tattle.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I honestly have no clue! I've been trying to work it out and I definitely plan on paying it forward. The tracking info showed that it was posted in New Jersey, but the return address is in Florida. I'm wondering if it the person is a snowbird, or if they were traveling and shipped while they were out. The address label and poem were typed, so I can't send it off for handwriting analysis. Hopefully I'll figure it out though. Maybe these clues will cause someone to drop me a another hint or outright tattle.

?hmmmm. By some chance did the package smell like Condor?

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I have a clue which can lead you in the right direction, but I cannot confirm exactly who as it leads in several directions.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Looks like a successful campaign so far guys, for those holding out, only a few more days until Christmas!

View attachment 56595

I just want to say that while I know many of us have had our frustrations with the post office this year, especially over the holiday season, I would urge everyone to hang in there. I sent a bunch of stuff to friends about a week ago and while every single package is being delayed and delivered by unbelievably circuitous routes they are getting where they’re supposed to go. So cross your fingers and hope for the best. Christmas miracles do occur!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

2v23FkJCMx3L6Bn.png

USPS Log Jam

b2ed37518eeaeb01018b364e3e785243.jpg

Clearly, we are now living in extraordinary times. I have received many requests from Secret Santa members to check on recipients who have not posted here yet about receiving their gift. I fully understand their situation, and greatly appreciate their concern about their packages and their recipient. I will gladly honor these requests, but please understand that the mail system is currently completely f*cked up. If postal tracking shows that your package is still in transit, please be patient. If tracking shows that your package was delivered, and your recipient hasn't posted to that effect, feel free to contact me.

Everyone must remember that the onus is on the recipient to post when they receive! I must remind everyone that you agreed to post here when you received your gift. Please do so!

We will be waiting until after New Years to start getting worried if you didn't receive your package. So please restrain yourself from asking me about when your package will arrive. I have no idea. Feel free to speculate about it here on this thread, though.

Here's an email from a vendor, explaining why I have not yet received a package that was mailed three weeks ago:

"I believe the extended delay was because the inbound USPS trailers got out of order and the mail wasn’t being worked oldest first. USPS District Management identified some out of order mail when they were working at the NDC and Annex this weekend. I still have some customers with mail that is delayed at the NDC and Annex"

I suspect that similar scenarios are playing out all across the globe.

81de163a-7689-44a5-b35a-2739073e8d1d.jpeg

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Thanks Dan! I’m one who sent my package (2 day priority) and over 10 days later it is still in USPS limbo hell. Sorry, recipient!

Not that it makes anything better but misery loves company and it’s good to know I’m not alone. This helps alleviate some of my guilt feelings as I have been lucky enough to receive mine.
Mine is on route to receipient following Priority being in limbo for 10-15 days - USPS elves have recently changed status date and seems to be moving - Everyone should remain calm - Happy Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.