PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
are we supposed to wait to open these things? Do we all display the booty on this thread?

You have one month to shake and sniff the package in order to guess the contents. You COULD open it sooner, but it's not like you don't have stuff to smoke already.

It's all a matter of how much tradition and discipline you possess. I wouldn't open mine early unless I just had nothing else to smoke.

Buck the trend of 2 hour shipping and enjoy some delayed gratification. ☃

And, yes, share the pics of your gift. This thread just doesn't have enough images yet....

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
This one?

Psl_sniper_rifle.jpeg

That very one.

"I'm just not very impressed with the PSL-type rifles, as opposed to the SVT-40 "

Myeah ... not very familiar with that one, all I know is that it's an earlier model, some ww2 stuff. It may be true what you say, that it outperforms the Druganov types, in history some earlier versions of a weapon were preferred over the modern ones.

Like Dan said ... back to pipe talk, I do enjoy a pipe during my hunts - doesn't work that well for still hunting, but early on before the chase starts doesn't scare the game, early in the morning. Although ... I sport a .30-06 caliber, browning, with a Henzolt military scope (I far more like German over Russian or Romanian).

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
are we supposed to wait to open these things? Do we all display the booty on this thread?

Personally I am not that keen on seeing your booty. But Dan's on the other hand...

Hmmmmm a mysterious package from Texas was sitting in my recliner when I got home today. I wonder what it could it be....

My guess is a loaf of Texas toast, a container of chili (without beans obviously), a mounted set of Longhorn horns, a Stetson hat, and a 'Don't Mess With Texas' bumper sticker.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My guess is a loaf of Texas toast, a container of chili (without beans obviously), a mounted set of Longhorn horns, a Stetson hat, and a 'Don't Mess With Texas' bumper sticker.
Mike, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Why would anyone send me a bumper sticker?

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Waiting sounds like a good idea ... it amplifies the joy on Christmas morning ? Besides, I got plenty of stuff to smoke until than

Reactions: shanez

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I guess my question wasn't specific enough, what I actually should have asked is is there going to be an "unboxing event" online as was done in some of the previous years mentioned in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.