The (Un)Official Secret Santa 2018 Thread!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I am a fan of dark and red Virginias, orientals, VaPers, and some Burley Blends. Not really an aro guy, with the exception of Exotic Orange and Butternut Burley. I'm always looking for a great Flake!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You are clearly the best pipe smoker in Baku, and indeed, in all of Azerbaijan. May you find a mate or two!
As to my druthers, I am purely English/Balkan. I have tons of Smyrna and Bengal Slices, Father Dempsey, many Pease blends, many Dunhills, Margate and aged Penzance.(though no fresh Penzance).

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I’m a big fan of flakes, plugs and ropes, but when it comes to pipe tobacco I’ll try anything that isn’t a PG laden aromatic.
I’ve been looking for a replacement for GQ’s Christmas aromatics since Glynn stopped blending. I’ve had no luck. Happy to try something in this vein if the tobacco isn’t a goopy PG laden yuck fest.
— Pat

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Pat, I’m a fan of the “My Own Blend” winter aromatics. They don’t cellar well, probably due to the lack of PG glue holding the flavorings in place, but they are enjoyable.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I enjoy most all tobacco's. I just have too many aros in my cellar I'm likely never going to get to so I'd ask not to get more. I go with straight VA's or VAPers so they can age a bit before trying.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The List So Far!
Woodsroad

donjgiles

addamsruspipe

Eggrollpiper

scloyd

sablebrush52

haparnold

Josephcross

jaytex969

lastango

Mikefu

crashthegrey

pruss

Username

tschiraldi

TwoOneFive

didache

Lincolnsbark

wyfbane

keith929

Davet

Npod

prairiedruid

CohibaJoe

Smittyd

peckinpahhombre

jvnshr

BluegrassBrian

shaintiques

Welcome, everyone!

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I just signed up! I went through the photos from last year's gifts and can definitely scrounge something up to gift!
Sounds like some good fun to celebrate the season! And a tobacco surprise is always nice!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Glad Dan posted the list who's signed up, as I thought I had, but hadn't. (posting some titillating pix doesn't count, apparently)

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
To my Santa,
Non-Aro, please.
I'd like to get more exposure to Orientals.
Thanks.
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Easy to please, eh, Javan!?! That's great. I hope I draw you....
BTW- Likes and dislikes are also noted in the sign up form, if my memory from yesterday is accurate!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I didn't fill out a preference because I really don't care what gets sent to me. It's the act of giving that matters. Seriously, if you draw my name, feel free to sent whatever. I'm easy.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Tim in with the spirit of the season.
I'm always happily surprised by what I get, but the real enjoyment of the Secret Santa for me, like Tim, is giving. Like the year I gave it to Peck. I'm still enjoying that.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
UDPATE!
Pipesmagazine.com Screen Name

Woodsroad

donjgiles

addamsruspipe

Eggrollpiper

scloyd

sablebrush52

haparnold

Josephcross

jaytex969

lastango

Mikefu

crashthegrey

pruss

Username

tschiraldi

TwoOneFive

didache

Lincolnsbark

wyfbane

keith929

Davet

Npod

prairiedruid

CohibaJoe

Smittyd

peckinpahhombre

jvnshr

BluegrassBrian

shaintiques

d4k23

Glassjapan

weezell

jpmcwjr

Ashdigger​

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
34! That's better, but what about the rest of you? Aren't some of you dying to get your hands on some out-of-production McClelland? Who knows what the generous souls here might be gifting in the Spirit of the Holidays! If you don't play you lose. Giving is the gift that keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.