The (Un)Official Secret Santa 2018 Thread!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
So, am I the last guy to send his stuff out, again?
No, It will be me. Ive been super busy with work trying to meet deadlines, my package will be sent tomorrow. :crying:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Any updates? U.S. Post Office is closed today. Although, they're still delivering some packages. U.S.P.S. just left a package on my neighbors step.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I just got home from a 12 hour day involving 6 hours of driving and six hours digging out a fire scene....and Santa Baby delivered a BOX!!!
I'll open it and post the goods.
Thanks Santa!!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Since I have no will power to speak of I went ahead and opened my box.
My Secret Santa is not only generous but clever.. Individually wrapped (and numbered) tins. (Also a leather rest and a coozie!)
CDA6-DEF4-1-B31-4-C01-875-E-D0-C1-FEBB9903.jpg

Above and beyond no doubt, but also gives me enough pause to slow it downs. Ill open #1

Score..

image.jpg

Now I can comfortably wait AT LEAST another 24 hours before proceeding.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I opened mine yesterday and got my gift out in the post this morning. The post was closed this morning (R.I.P Bush Sr.) and I had to use the self service thingy. I hope I got it right?
I'm enjoying a bowl of Warhorse Ready Rubbed in a small Dunhill from the 20's while listening to The Complete Million Dollar Quartet. Thank you. The 5100 small bulk bag was a nice touch and appreciated. I've had Warhorse Bar, but never the ready rubbed. I think I like the ready rubbed more? It's the perfect Christmas blend.
I hope my Secret Santa likes my gift as much as I liked theirs. Even though, I put my name on it by accident. I'm an idiot. What can I say? Well... I can say that Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash make a hell of a jam session. :puffy:
Merry Christmas everybody!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Wife runs a dog training company and I had to play Santa the other night for "Photo with Santa Night". Think I ended up with 24 dogs on my lap. I made sure to get my briar in on every picture. People seemed to really get a kick out of the pipe, several mentioned it. It was not a good clencher and I was pretty sore after the 3 hour stint! Here is one of the more vicious dogs.
Post of the Year nominee. Absolutely classic!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Mother, I always sign my card. In my experience, it usually comes out in the office ones. I think the fun is sharing experiences with people you wouldn't normally get to interact with.
I love this event!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Thank you Secret Santa. I must have been very good, because I received aged Squadron Leader (a personal fave) and some Epikur, which appears to be similar to Full Virginia Plug. I'll smoke some of that on Christmas and Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.