The (Un)Official Secret Santa 2017 Thread!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
got mine today thanks santa
MPV5qjo.jpg

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Santa sent my package for me last week. I emailed Dan and didn’t mention it on here.. This has been fun to keep an eye on.

Woodsroad, I have a couple of possums that would be a perfect Easter bunny exchange..

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Yay! Mine arrived today. It came via a third party (for reasons too complicated to mention here) so I didn't realise it was a Secret Santa until I had opened it. Also, because it came through someone else, it really is a mystery to me who my generous benefactor is.
So, here are the goodies ...
GnPtlBO.jpg

Black Frigate is one of my favourites, so thanks Santa for that! I will crack that tin on Christmas Day.
Thanks also for the Cotton 1 & 2 which is new to me. I like Cotton Smyrna, so I am sure I will enjoy this one too.
Finally, as a lovely bonus, some Stokkebye 310 Black Latakia - I will have fun experimenting with that one!
So, thanks to my mystery Santa, thanks to the third party who got it to me, and thanks to Dan for organising all this :clap:
Mike

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Arrived today and treated myself to an early gift opening.

One of my favorites and one to add to my little cellar. I've yet to try the 40th Anniversary, but I know I'll like it.
qxCqg8l.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Didache, this was one of the more surreptitious maneuvers that I've seen, hiding behind a third party to mask identity. You may want to have those tobaccos analyzed before you smoke them. Or just send them to me for proper disposal!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Received in great form, no dented tins, very nice handwritten notes, and included some BS!
—that'd be Bengal Slices! As I'd been moaning about lack of availability.
Thanks, Santa, thanks very much. Thoughtful and timely.
qzJbXG6.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Nah Dan thats a kosher tin of celebrated Fungal Slices. It just looks odd as it is wrapped in a plastic bag. Remember the sack of that stuff we had in Chicago and the guy with the 'Steam Shovel' pipe who could empty a taster jar in under 30 seconds? :rofl:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hah! The tin of BS was put under 40,000 psi for a week, so I am told, and thus is a 1/4" disc. Too big for my DVD player though.
The tin is wrapped, and will be opened Christmas day. There's another bag of a rare tobacco, and some special soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.