The (Un)Official Secret Santa 2017 Thread!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I've just received my package. No info on the package regarding my Secret Santa, however using my methods of detection and investigation I managed to find a suspect :puffpipe: I don't know what's inside and have to wait until Christmas. Until then I have to repeat: I am not going to open it, I am not going to open it, I am not...
(I had to edit the picture to remove some stuff)
Opu1GAR.jpg

By the way, I have nice story to tell here once the whole event is over. Wait for it.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Very hearty thanks and congrats to Dan for doing all this. It isn't just the organisation of the pairs, but also the way he has cajoled/encouraged and generally kept this bubbling along ever since.
Mike

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Got mine today!! (Actually delivered Saturday and held at the apartment office for me). Santa made his own label with a pic of Santa smoking a pipe - very cool. Can't wait to open it!

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
My parcel is in the hands of USPS. Arriving home today i found an early christmas present.... now to wait!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
UPDATE!
RECEIVED

addamsruspipe

Condorlover1

crashthegrey

fitzy

Gecko13

johnbarleycorn

Josephcross

jravenwood

jvnshr

keith929

lastango

mikethompson

msandoval858

orobusto

Phallbass

Prairiedruid

Pruss

randelli

Shaintiques

Texmexpipe

tschiraldi

weezell

woodsroad

Wyfbane

Filmshooter

7ach

jndyer
SENT

didache

addamsruspipe

Condorlover1

crashthegrey

fitzy

Gecko13

johnbarleycorn

Josephcross

jravenwood

jvnshr

keith929

lastango

mikethompson

msandoval858

orobusto

Phallbass

Prairiedruid

Pruss

randelli

Shaintiques

Texmexpipe

tschiraldi

weezell

woodsroad

Wyfbane

Filmshooter

beefeater33

BluegrassBrian

Bluegrasspipe

catyrpelius

csharp

davet

edwinbaz

eltice

Mackeson

Marc75

sablebrush52

tslex

Username
If this doesn't look right to you, Please let me know!

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
I feel bad posting this just after woodsroad posted the updated status list. Got mine yesterday, just in time for the first night of Hanukkah. I was away but, in what is now a tradition, I had my sister open it in a facetimed unboxing.

It was sent anonymous. I want to thank my Secret Santa for the tin of Mac Baren HH Latakia Flake and the John Cotton's No. 1, as well as the pipe cleaners (those bags always come in handy). Both great blends I enjoy. I'll post the pic later.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well I finally caved in and opened my box. Firstly a big thank you to Pruss as it was exactly what I wanted. Two beautiful pieces of twist, a card and a novelty coke spoon, I mean pipe tamper! Pruss thank you very much and travel safely to New Zealand. I would post pictures but I am having technical issues since Photobucket changed the 'b' in their name to an 'f' and made posting pictures a nightmare. Before anyone sends me a long message about using another service I will figure it out over the holidays - eventually! Have a wonderful and festive season and thank you Dan for organizing this whole thing.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
You are welcome, Simon.
By the way, we will be having an Easter gift exchange as well. I thought it would be nice, though if we could exchange live animals instead of tobacco, in keeping with the tenor of the holiday. I say we limit the exchange to no more than can fit in a Large Flat Rate Box. That would leave us open to wild game such as fox and beaver, as well as domesticated creatures such as cats, small dogs, raptors and suckling pot-bellied pigs.
Can I get a second on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.