The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa Thread 2022!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayve85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sitting here in my truck smoking and got excited thinking I saw the mailman pull in the driveway. False alarm, it’s just a couple turkeys.
View attachment 191172
At least you still have snow! We went from 6 inches or so, to bare ground in 24 hrs! From ~20’F to ~50’F in around the same time.lol crazy, crazy world we live in!!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I woke up earlier, and was lazing about in bed on this foggy day, reading the forum on my phone. After seeing an “IBTL” post or two in this thread, it got me thinking I’d better open my Secret Santa box and post some pics before the thread is closed. Probably to the disappointment of a few members, I didn’t feel up to making an unboxing video—we’re still working on our fixer upper house, which looks more like a haunted house or the home of a serial killer right now, not ready for prime time—maybe next year. I’ve done the next best thing and opened each item, one by one, for a static reveal.

Well, I’ve gotta say, @Puffaluffaguss knocked it out of the park. After I read his note, I had goosebumps as I opened the individual packages (thanks for the cool wrapping Mrs. Puffaluffaguss!)—I was almost giddy with anticipation—I couldn’t wait to see what was inside, especially the pipe he made.

Here’s the sealed box:

IMG_20221231_124635.jpg

The handwritten note inside that got me smiling:

IMG_20221231_132515.jpg

The opened box revealing the well packed goodies (the note would’ve been on top if I opened the box normally and cut open the top—but, I went in from the bottom to avoid posting addresses—you can see it peeking out under the goodies):

IMG_20221231_124717__01.jpg

The box contained some Brigham pipe cleaners:

IMG_20221231_124927__01.jpg

Everything was individually wrapped in fun Spider-man wrapping paper:

IMG_20221231_125124__01.jpg

Going counter-clockwise, the first package I opened was Sutliff Birds of a Feather Aberrant:

IMG_20221231_125144__01.jpg

The next was a jar of Gawith & Hoggarth Whisky Twist (from mid-2020):

IMG_20221231_125202__01.jpg

Next up was a jar of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake (from November 2022):

IMG_20221231_125224__01.jpg

Next was McClelland Syrian Star (from 2009)—I haven’t smoked too many McClelland blends, so, I’m really looking forward to this (I may have to make this the inaugural blend in the pipe):

IMG_20221231_125244__01.jpg

Next up, Sutliff Birds of a Feather Uno:

IMG_20221231_125308__01.jpg

After removing the little piece of wrapping paper that fell onto the note, was Sutliff Birds of a Feather Whimsical:

IMG_20221231_125328__01.jpg

Last, but, not least is the pipe he made:

IMG_20221231_125412__01.jpg

The choice of blue is terrific. Now I wish I wore the blue Christmas suit and made a video!

IMG_20221231_125501.jpg

IMG_20221231_125510.jpg
IMG_20221231_132127.jpg

If I do make a video next year, wearing the suit, you can expect a colour coordinated pipe to make an appearance.

My heartfelt thanks to @Puffaluffaguss for an awesome Secret Santa package. I love everything and the thought that went into this!

drayve85

Starting to Get Obsessed
I woke up earlier, and was lazing about in bed on this foggy day, reading the forum on my phone. After seeing an “IBTL” post or two in this thread, it got me thinking I’d better open my Secret Santa box and post some pics before the thread is closed. Probably to the disappointment of a few members, I didn’t feel up to making an unboxing video—we’re still working on our fixer upper house, which looks more like a haunted house or the home of a serial killer right now, not ready for prime time—maybe next year. I’ve done the next best thing and opened each item, one by one, for a static reveal.

Well, I’ve gotta say, @Puffaluffaguss knocked it out of the park. After I read his note, I had goosebumps as I opened the individual packages (thanks for the cool wrapping Mrs. Puffaluffaguss!)—I was almost giddy with anticipation—I couldn’t wait to see what was inside, especially the pipe he made.

Here’s the sealed box:

View attachment 191169

View attachment 191197

The opened box revealing the well packed goodies (the note would’ve been on top if I opened the box normally and cut open the top—but, I went in from the bottom to avoid posting addresses—you can see it peeking out under the goodies):

View attachment 191174

View attachment 191175

View attachment 191176

Going counter-clockwise, the first package I opened was Sutliff Birds of a Feather Aberrant:

View attachment 191178

View attachment 191179

Next up was a jar of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake (from November 2022):

View attachment 191181

Next was McClelland Syrian Star (from 2009)—I haven’t smoked too many McClelland blends, so, I’m really looking forward to this (I may have to make this the inaugural blend in the pipe):

View attachment 191182

View attachment 191183

After removing the little piece of wrapping paper that fell onto the note, was Sutliff Birds of a Feather Whimsical:

View attachment 191208

View attachment 191184

The choice of blue is terrific. Now I wish I wore the blue Christmas suit and made a video!

View attachment 191186

View attachment 191187
View attachment 191213

If I do make a video next year, wearing the suit, you can expect a colour coordinated pipe to make an appearance.

My heartfelt thanks to @Puffaluffaguss for an awesome Secret Santa package. I love everything and the thought that went into this!
That pipe is cool as hell!!! Well done!

JJ_JJ_JJ_JJ

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2022

Here’s the sealed box:

View attachment 191169

View attachment 191197

View attachment 191174

View attachment 191175

View attachment 191176

View attachment 191178

View attachment 191179

View attachment 191181

View attachment 191182

View attachment 191183

View attachment 191208

View attachment 191184

View attachment 191186

View attachment 191187
View attachment 191213

I was reading this post quickly as I was driving through the fog at a red light (yeah yeah I know)
As was like did he get spider man undies?
Hahahahaha

Oh and that pipe looks amazing!

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different

Here’s the sealed box:

View attachment 191169

View attachment 191197

View attachment 191174

View attachment 191175

View attachment 191176

View attachment 191178

View attachment 191179

View attachment 191181

View attachment 191182

View attachment 191183

View attachment 191208

View attachment 191184

View attachment 191186

View attachment 191187
View attachment 191213

I didn't know what to get somebody who can pull off something as crazy as your suits so I thought a crazy stain would be fitting. The blue is actually tinted with red to make a kinda chameleon effect with purple, reds, pinks, blues, etc. I thought it would look good with your suit. The briar Is from Mimo Romeo (not Romero, ah good drinks that night), and a 14kt gold band which I thought would fit with the color way. Usually I would hand turn the stem but am in the process of moving so could only work with a dremel but hey it worked (the forever stem is a bit heavy for this model). I made 2 pipes at the same time but found that 1 more fitting your personality. I have this 1 left over if anybody wants it just shoot me an offer. But I'm truly glad you enjoyed your gift. I know this whole thing was random and no matter who I was matched with I wanted to do my best to bring a smile and a bit of cheer to somebodys holidays ( we all know it can get rough). And also show appreciation for all the information that has helped me from this site weather it was directed toward those individuals didn't matter to me. I hope you enjoy the tobaccos, I wasn't sure if you had any of the birds of a feather and I kinda stocked up so I figured I'd send what has been released and some other goodies. I pre cut the whisky twist to get more into the jar, and the 2009 Syrian Star is from pipestud buddy Andrew that had some stuff up for sale through the forum which I thought was pretty cool. Anyway thank you again for your generosity and I hope your new year sees you in good heath and prosperity20220616_172517.jpg to you and your family. As well as everyone else who went on this crazy ride thank you all.20220616_172505.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.