The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Merry Christmas!
I received a very nice gift from my SS, a few inches of Samuel Gawith Brown #4 and a tin of Sutliff Cringle Flake 2021, a nice book on pipes, and a Meer pipe that was made just for Pipe Magazine! I’m thrilled for all of it. I wasn’t able to get any of this years Cringle Flake and the Brown #4 is a blend of wanted to try since I started smoking a pipe. As soon as my niece is sleeping I’m going to try some of the Brown #4. I love the pipe and the way it’s been part of this forum and it’s community, I will smoke it happily and give it some more coloring! Thank you very much Avery and I hope your Christmas is a blessed one!
View attachment 116998
View attachment 117000
View attachment 117001
A Pipes Magazine meer? That's cool. More pictures please...when you have time. Never seen one.

Pipenwheels

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2020
Ohio
Merry Merry Christmas fellow pipe smokers!!

I was so suprised to receive a package I did not order from Tobaccopipes!! As i was opening the package I realized this was it!! Secret Santa Package!!!

In it, I received:

Tin of Peterson Flake
Tin of C&D Burley Flake #3
100g Tin of Rattrays Virginia 40
Tin of Peterson Deluxe Rolls!!
I also saw on the packing slip what I thought was a tin of "Peterson Christmas 2020", which I had never heard of.

To my utter suprise it was a brand new 2020 Peterson Christmas Sandblast pipe shape #68!! What?!?!?!? My heart nearly skipped out of my chest! All the tobacco was fantastic but a new Peterson?!?!? THANK YOU SANTA WHOEVER YOU ARE!!! You made my Christmas this year!
I haven't tried the tobaccos before and have been wanting a Peterson for years
It is a beautiful sandblast to boot!

Thank you Woodsroad for putting together another beautiful Secret Santa 2021!!!20211212_024238.jpg20211225_193109.jpg20211212_024238.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
A Pipes Magazine meer? That's cool. More pictures please...when you have time. Never seen one.
Here's a couple more...
rP13gZe.jpg

3tvkCB0.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Those meers predate my joining PM, but not by much. I don't recall hearing about them before!
Was a deal put together by members for a mass buy. Maker was a company called Storient. Nice quality pipes and I was lucky and got in early for my 2 pipes. Then...things went south. People who had pre paid were getting all kind of lame excuses and promises of extra goodies for waiting etc. I don't know who or how many got scammed in the end. Shame was they were great pipes and smoked like a dream. I think there are a few old timers left on the forum,but not many that have them...

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Was a deal put together by members for a mass buy. Maker was a company called Storient. Nice quality pipes and I was lucky and got in early for my 2 pipes. Then...things went south. People who had pre paid were getting all kind of lame excuses and promises of extra goodies for waiting etc. I don't know who or how many got scammed in the end. Shame was they were great pipes and smoked like a dream. I think there are a few old timers left on the forum,but not many that have them...
It was from before my time as well, but that's the story I've heard too

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I’ve seen so many group buys go south like that. Why?
Who was the scammer, Storient or a forum member?

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
It’s after midnight - so, no longer Christmas. I’m feeling really disappointed with the USPS.

“Information available soon…doesn’t yet have a status update from the post office…”

WTF does that mean? Last info previously was available Dec. 15.

I admit - not accustomed to sending packages to these destinations, but this seems like real bullshit. I will try not to be too pissed until I know for sure - but…really?

Ugh.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Well, no Secret Santa package. But it is of no matter. My family is reasonably healthy with only my oldest sick with Covid but she works with Covid every day, helped develop the PCR test and it was bound to happen after literally working with hundreds of thousands of Covid samples... We just wish she were at home for Christmas but we will Zoom.. And she is feeling better, my friends seem happy, and it looks like a White Christmas after all. The house smells of wood smoke, bolognese sauce for tonight's lasagne, a red velvet cake in the oven, and bread proofing. I hope everyone is having a similarly great day.
My niece contracted the covid, and instead of coming for Christmas dinner is spending the evening with another covid infected couple.
Just weird!!
That’s our world now.

Status
Not open for further replies.