The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
54ebe070906e7_-_xmas15.jpg
At first glance I thought the father was a pirate. It looks like he has a peg leg...it's the tricycle tire.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
At first glance I thought the father was a pirate. It looks like he has a peg leg...it's the tricycle tire.

It doesn’t take a genius to realize how much more useful bicycle tires are than peg legs in the piracy game. Think how quickly you could shift a sail or pillage a village if you could roll rather than stomp from one place to another. Of course you’d need gimbals in the Bay of Biscay or the Drake Passage.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Actually now that you mention it ... I think it was labeled "Order fulfillment" or similar. I didn't even look closely at the return address as I had to head out the door shortly after I found the pkg. since I didn't see it on my way in.
I will be updating of course.
So it was not the package from the "fulfillment center", but it was indeed packed by, and came to me by way of professionals. SmokingPipes

Attachments

• SS 2021 Address.JPG
    SS 2021 Address.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 17

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
So the professional wrapping was no match for my desire. It caved like my patience and was quickly eliminated to reveal my SS tobacco bounty. These are both in my favorites which I keep an extra supply of on hand as to not run out; and both have been telling me they need to be reacquainted with my palate.

I didn't know exactly what I was waiting for, but I think this is it! Time to open and enjoy.

I hope my SS is rubbing his hands in glee for choices well made, with as much enthusiasm as I am to be the recipient. The hat is actually very cool. It has pockets on either side (1 zipped, 1 velcro) for little tobacco tools such as a lighter & a 3in1 tool.

Many thanks and may we all have much to celebrate and share with loved ones.

Attachments

• SS 2021 Gifts.JPG
    SS 2021 Gifts.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 19

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
So it's funny. A first class package got to me in under 24 hours. The same size package went out Priority Mail™ yesterday and will take over 3 days...they say. The distance is about the same for both packages.
And I have a priority express package coming that has been sitting at the Las Vegas post office since the 30th

Devil Anse

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2020
California
I received my Secret Santa package yesterday! I couldn’t resist the temptation and opened it up last night. Whoa!!!

My Secret Santa was not only extremely generous he has a fantastic since of humor as well. The gifts in the box were packed perfectly in order to find the biggest surprise last.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to who my Secret Santa is….?
Thank you very much sir for your generous gifts and a wonderful surprise it’s truly appreciated. Also, many thanks to Dan and his elves for all the hard work.
!!!Merry Christmas!!!
A258975D-7553-4367-8B22-F847654B996A.jpeg
487A3B98-821D-4375-BB9A-7A31BC16D59C.jpeg
0742953A-E1CA-44F2-9B47-E6BC9889CB62.jpeg

As I was pulling down the drive, my phone dinged that I had received a package. I was thinking that it was my order of a gross of pipecleaners that I had ordered, but when I got to my door and saw the name…. I knew immediately that Woodsroad was my secret santa.

Ignoring the “do not open till Christmas” I tore into it expecting a rattlesnake, or a pound of Captain Black Grape rebranded as Barney’s Blend. I really was worried that someone would take Mike’s posts seriously and send me cobs, ha ha!

I’d like to preface this…. Woods is really one of my favorite forum members. Over the years we’ve swapped blends and emails, great guy. And, when he is not on the forums, I feel obliged to double down on my funny but informed posts, and crank up my snarkasm to fill that void left when he is not active. Love the guy. Can’t say enough good things about him.

Anyways, WOW! 3 unicorns and a Pennsbury Pottery ashtray!! Some regional art pottery from his area. Excuse me :::sniff::: I’m choking up a bit.

To say I’m pleased is an understatement. Dan, you shit!! Thank you!! And, Merry Christmas back atcha!

4B85F554-B868-4BAC-B573-A5D08FDF3D93.jpeg

I just hope customs and international mail hurries up and get mine to my target in the EU.

My first year to do this, and I am all tingly with the spirit.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I really was worried that someone would take Mike’s posts seriously and send me cobs, ha ha!
Lol no one takes me seriously, especially not my posts.

Woods is really one of my favorite forum members.
He is one of the Best, despite hibernating for most of the year.

My first year to do this, and I am all tingly with the spirit
@woodsroad - you did it Dan! You made Cosmic feel the Christmas Spirit! This is a Dickens level achievement!

Status
Not open for further replies.