The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Chasing Embers might like this tamper that I have hanging in my garage. The wood is hedge aka osage orange. It is comparable to hickory in strength. The tamper is around 3 lbs. Yes, I have used it at a pipe club meeting a while ago. I have not used it since.
Really like Osage orange wood. We have some native in our area. It's beautiful and strong.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
BTW, I filled out my preferences on the initial form but it seems many are posting them here.
Thusly ...
I have found that English blends seem to be my favorite, but I'm still exploring. So much so that after I unpack the order that arrived today, and when the next 2 orders arrive in a few days, I'll have about 55 blends that I've never tried before. Meaning that I'm still plenty adventurous.
That new 55 is above the 7 or 8 fav's that I've acquired multiples of, and even dedicated a pipe to; (4 English blends, 2 virginia, 2 burly) and the 6 or 8 that either didn't please my palate or were just ok.
I did move away from the initial aromatics that plagued my learning path in the beginning. Although I'm not sure if my greater level of experience would now allow me to smoke them more appropriately and avoid the problems I had in the past.
And if I receive a gag gift, I'll just play along and consider myself a potential "member of the club".
Cheers

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
happy-santa-claus-gesturing-thumb-up-with-big-bag-picture-id613133608
I'm hoping the point of that pic isn't that Santa is a proctologist. The gloves are a bit unsettling.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Is this the list Jon did you for you?! Have you checked his access privileges, as I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a little grinch in him and shuffles them all around before you send it out

Don’t listen to Ahi La. I’d never do that. And I especially wouldn’t change all the ship-to addresses to my home in New Jersey. Never ever. No matter what all my friends, family, enemies, and random acquaintances might say.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Is this the list Jon did you for you?! Have you checked his access privileges, as I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a little grinch in him and shuffles them all around before you send it out

Jon's list was very helpful, but the real work happens here:

Brazil_Office_1.jpg
Dan's Office

Very solitary, very safe, very sanitary.

Of course, there is far too much participant data for just one person to parse, so much of the work needs to be farmed out. The data remains quite secure, divied up into bits and bytes and sent off to Santa's Village, where the Little People push the electrons around, one by one, so that no one worker ever sees the rhyme or reason of the entirety of it all.

Sanatas_Village.jpg
Santa's Village

Eventually, all the data is loaded onto specially trained mules and brought back to Secret Santa World Headquarters, each packet taking a different route, and with numerous decoys sent out along the way to confuse and undermine the efforts of our nemesis, The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Satan Extravaganza.

Mule_Train.jpg

Secret Santa participant data takes a circuitous route back to SSWHQ

Once back at the SSWHQ, the data is carefully reassembled by our crack team of data scientists. This is all done in black and white, for no particular reason whatsoever.

puzzle-2.jpg

Secret Santa data scientists reassemble participant data.

Finally, the fully digested participant data is encoded into Carmen Miranda's hat...

Carmen-1.jpg

Carmen Miranda

...and sent off to the basement, where the matches are made.

matches.jpg
Matches being made

The rest, you already know.
I hope this helps.

-Santa Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.