The (Un)Official PipesMagazine Secret Santa 2021!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Aaaaaaaaaand the first part of my 3 (yes 3!!!!) part secret santa has arrived and i'm still stunned by the generosity off all those secret santas and especially mine. A to me unavailable tin of McCranie's Red Ribbon tin from 2012. I think this 10 year old tobacco will be very special and i'm going to enjoy this! Thank you Santa!

The delivery of this was a bit funny; I get my packages to a secondary handler that puts it in a kind of safe/PO Box for convenience, but somehow the US Postal got the address wrong, the address was right on the customs slip. The wrong address is accidentally the address where my mother works! She gave me a call this afternoon "I got a package from Santa!" which riddled me a bit....

Secret Santa part 1.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaand the first part of my 3 (yes 3!!!!) part secret santa has arrived and i'm still stunned by the generosity off all those secret santas and especially mine. A to me unavailable tin of McCranie's Red Ribbon tin from 2012. I think this 10 year old tobacco will be very special and i'm going to enjoy this! Thank you Santa!

The delivery of this was a bit funny; I get my packages to a secondary handler that puts it in a kind of safe/PO Box for convenience, but somehow the US Postal got the address wrong, the address was right on the customs slip. The wrong address is accidentally the address where my mother works! She gave me a call this afternoon "I got a package from Santa!" which riddled me a bit....

View attachment 122562
Great, now keep in mind that they were mailed about one week apart, because of customs laws, I was only allowed 50 grams per order, so I spaced them out, so that hopefully, they wouldn't see them all as one order. It will be like getting two more presents of Christmas past, ha ha.

Oh yeh, my letter... ha ha, further apostatizing the McClelland's method over Sutliff's, ha ha. The cost of one of my MCrannie's is having to hear my rant, ha ha.

Michael, I LOVED the letter, really in your style on the forum! And this wasn't the package I got the customs letter for, that one is cleared set for delivery Friday.
Then it sounds like you are set to get these a little more closer together. And, I hate that you've had to wait so long for these.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Then it sounds like you are set to get these a little more closer together. And, I hate that you've had to wait so long for these.
We communicated this upfront, so its all good for me! If I wanted the easy route I should have asked for something I could order myself. I'm over the moon with this tin and there's even more to come.

We communicated this upfront, so its all good for me! If I wanted the easy route I should have asked for something I could order myself. I'm over the moon with this tin and there's even more to come.
It has already aged very well. Pop that sucka and dig in. Waiting won't really bring you more aging results except for maybe 10 more years.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Just dawned on me that I still have some Christmas decor on the front porch that needs to come down. I feel somewhat vindicated by the fact that this thread is still rolling on.
Those left hanging around here are the ones whose lights and decorations don’t come down till June, if at all. Admit it.
I'll be taking down the exterior lights now that I saw them in snow ...

Status
Not open for further replies.