Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2019
IMG_20210906_110954_284.jpg

I heard from Sean Faires that the soft re-opening of The Story Teller's Pipe is set to go online today at 3:00 CDT. My understanding is that their original house blends will be available, and I hope that they have their same supplier contacts, because one of the amazing things about STP was always how they managed to get their hands on the hard-to-find when none of the big online retailers had them. Combine that with their 5-Star customer service and I didn't want to do business anywhere else.

We'll see! ??

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
It has a pretty lengthy list of places it will not ship to:
Since we are headquartered in Illinois, we cannot ship tobacco products into Cook County, Illinois. Also, due to their state laws, we cannot ship tobacco products to residents of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. At this time, we do not ship products internationally.
For comparison, SP and TP will not ship leaf to four states: Maine, Utah, South Dakota, and Washington.

Sep 20, 2019
It has a pretty lengthy list of places it will not ship to:

For comparison, SP and TP will not ship leaf to four states: Maine, Utah, South Dakota, and Washington.
It sounds like they don't want to be subject to the tax collection or reporting requirements of those states. Washington in particular I have heard horror stories about. I've shipped leaf to a friend in Canada via SP, but I can't send it to a friend in Seattle unless I re-ship. ?

Reactions: Aomalley27

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
STP's tobaccos seem strong in their own bulk aromatics. If I had a do-over I would at least tried some aromatics, perhaps theirs.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Looks like STP's list of places it will not ship to has been somewhat reduced:
Since we are headquartered in Illinois, we cannot ship tobacco products into Cook County, Illinois. Also, due to their state laws, we cannot ship tobacco products to residents of Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, South Dakota, Utah, or Washington. At this time, we do not ship products internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.