PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2019
Now that they are shipping to Virginia I just got in some of Sean Faire's new and limited quantity house blend run of The Holly King.

Perfect for the holidays.

Sep 20, 2019
Looks like STP's list of places it will not ship to has been somewhat reduced:

Looks like STP's list of places it will not ship to has been somewhat reduced:

Thank you for posting this. Now that Virginia is off the list I placed an order.

Reactions: mingc

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Order received. Sweet Galenas, M/M Log Cabin (a couple of small quantities to try) and a little bigger order of The Holly King. Looking forward to trying them!

Reactions: PutteringPiper

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Broke out The Holly King yesterday and enjoyed it, so had another bowl today! They don’t describe the blend so far as I can find. Anyone know what the mix is? I’m a novice and want to say it’s a little “English” but won’t be embarrassed to find out I’m way off. Whatever it is I like it!

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Broke out The Holly King yesterday and enjoyed it, so had another bowl today! They don’t describe the blend so far as I can find. Anyone know what the mix is? I’m a novice and want to say it’s a little “English” but won’t be embarrassed to find out I’m way off. Whatever it is I like it!
Sean told me he’ll be releasing an “Oak King” to coincide with the Summer Solstice. It’ll comprise a few Virginia varietals, some dark Fired and a woodsy top essence.
He was also surprised at the response to Holly King this year; so he’s promised to adjust the output next year?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Oh; and Sean told me the composition is Virginia, Burley And Cavendish with Vanilla, Caramel, Berry and Spices.
I get hints of Turkish, but it’s either the spices used or my head old throwing that off.?‍♂️
I received a note basically saying the same thing - my palate isn't all that sophisticated - my wife thought it smelled great and I thought it was pretty easy going and the vanilla and spice notes were there for me. Liked it a lot.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I received a note basically saying the same thing - my palate isn't all that sophisticated - my wife thought it smelled great and I thought it was pretty easy going and the vanilla and spice notes were there for me. Liked it a lot.
Yeah; if I had to compare, I’d liken it to RLP-6 with Latakia and some spices like nutmeg, clove etc.
I was surprised it had no Latakia?‍♂️
I’ll revisit it when my cold is through.
**I couldn’t detect any vanilla; neither taste nor aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.