The Queen Is Dead....Long Live The King.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Understanding how important this news is to our american allies and my personal friends and family in the Uk I was sad to hear of this news. 😢 Her majesty was respected and loved world wide and will be missed.

Reactions: Carol

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Two thing I picked up on whilst watching the news on TV yesterday afternoon.

I thought it rather premature, even perhaps tasteless that most newsreaders were already attired in black suits with black ties....this was hours before the announcement of the Queen's demise.

Also before the announcement, there was a live feed from Buckingham Palace whilst the newsreader was talking from the studio and I noticed that the Union Jack was flying at what looked to be quarter mast (is there such a thing?), sort of neither half mast nor top of the pole, it was difficult to determine due to the breeze. This was a full 5 - 10 minutes before they confirmed she had passed.

Regards,

Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I will go against the grain here by saying that I truly despise the monarchy and all of it’s deranged figureheads.
I cannot forget the video of a naked boy climbing out of a window at Buckingham palace, desperately trying to escape!
Said video is likely still around.
Sick folk.
I don't know what tobacco you smoke pal but I would strongly suggest you change brand....quickly, it is clearly not working for you.

Regards,

Jay.

SMOKER110

Lurker
Sep 4, 2021
Take heart, Jay-we are all a little lost after yesterday- some more than others. What a sad day. I'll get over it maybe sooner than later. Cherrio.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I will go against the grain here by saying that I truly despise the monarchy and all of it’s deranged figureheads.
I cannot forget the video of a naked boy climbing out of a window at Buckingham palace, desperately trying to escape!
Said video is likely still around.
Sick folk.
I've always been against monarchy, still am in principle.
Since the internet and social media arrived though, the world has grown more fragmented and polarized. Evil even.
A monarch these days isn't an axe-wielding despot. He or she can be a cohesive if they do the job right. I'm sure people in England are fighting and swearing over Johnson and Truss and Corbyn and Starmer, but not about the queen. I think most of them are proud of her and feel connected through her.
That's no small thing.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
You know what’s badly timed? Naked boys climbing out of the Queen’s palaces windows!
I sure as hell know what’s going on in my house, as I am sure you do in yours.
Where does that leave the Queen?
Soo sorry to spoil all your biscuits and cucumber sandwiches.
False Information ! 5 seconds of research would have revealed that was a 2015 promotional video for a cable television show regarding a fictitious royal family that was posted online as if it was real and created an unnecessary scandal for the real Royal Family. It is called fauxtography. Also it was an adult man and an actress posing as a fictional princess was in the window.

"When there is no belief in objective truth, the differences between fact and fiction, true and false become blurred." Professor Randy Wayne.

May the very classy real Queen rest in peace. May her immediate family and national family be inspired by her life of grace. 🙏

Last edited:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
You know what’s badly timed? Naked boys climbing out of the Queen’s palaces windows!
I sure as hell know what’s going on in my house, as I am sure you do in yours.
Where does that leave the Queen?
Soo sorry to spoil all your biscuits and cucumber sandwiches.
You seem to not have your facts straight............ The "naked boy climbing" was a fake video from 2015........... Let's keep this thread for remembering Her Majesty. Like Warren said- start your own thread if you want to spread falsehoods...................

Status
Not open for further replies.