The Queen Is Dead....Long Live The King.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Randy Wiley Pipes
New Cigars
12 Fresh Jacono Pipes
New Accessories
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
C00183CE-128A-415B-A033-352FEAF312F0.jpeg

Im not into royal stuff, grown up in a democracy with politicians like Adenauer, Brandt, Schmidt. But I recognised her in early childhood in tv and I liked her very much from the beginning to now on. She impressed me with her fancy hats 👒 - awesome - her colourful clothing in a gray man’s world of leadership was outstanding. Most of the time she was shown as kind, charming and smiling. What a wonderful woman.

Last edited:

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Last edited:

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
She trained to be queen from the moment her father took the crown, '36 was it? She went to work in '52 and just two days ago she did the formal meeting with the new prime minister, 70 years in.
That's truly impressive.
I wish the people of England and Great Britain all the best in these times of trouble.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I was reading the BBC article on Charles III and the ascension ceremonies, including the coronation: "There will be music, readings and the ritual of anointing the new monarch, using oils of orange, roses, cinnamon, musk and ambergris." King Charles III, the new monarch - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59135132. @gawithhoggarth, that sounds like a great recipe for a coronation blend, hint, hint. The ambergris may cost a bit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.