PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Every non-aromatic Peterson blend I’ve tried is a winner in my books, with Irish Flake being one of my very favorites. I had been confident that the Peterson blends would continue to be produced, probably uninterrupted, so I didn’t load up when they started disappearing from stock. I was starting to get a little worried, so I bought a tin of the allegedly identical Rattray’s Stirling Flake at Iwan Ries last week. With so few true plugs on the market, many of which are pricey and which you must be quick to obtain, the potential loss of 3Ps from the US market was especially concerning. But realistically, if I couldn’t buy another ounce of tobacco in my remaining 20-40 years (hopefully!), I’d be fine anyway. If my wife were to preceed me in death, though, that math might change

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
At the expense of being suspected of being on another planet by astral projection, may I ask for a two or three line back story on what the hiatus in Peterson blends was about? I somehow missed that narrative. Just briefly.
I claim zero expertise or firsthand knowledge, but IIRC, Peterson was sold in 2018. Laudisi (owners of SPC and Cornell and Diehl) bought the pipe manufacturing side of things, and the Scandinavian Tobacco Group bought the tobacco side of the house. STG was already making the blends for Peterson, so there shouldn't be a change in blend constituents or taste.

draco

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2014
Best news I have had in awhile. I have yet to try several of the blends that initially were reported as being dropped and want to. But the big relief for me is that 3P’s shall return hopefully in its amazing glory as it is very near the top of my all time best tobaccos list. I only have 3 tins and I was lamenting not being able to afford more for now. STG Lane I hope you will accept my apologies for the names I was calling you under my breath.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
So, from the list, it looks like Irish Dew is the only pouch they're carrying in the future? At least to the States? As a couple others mentioned, it doesn't appear that Wild Atlantic has made the "keeper" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.