PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was disappointed how Edmonton was out of the gate in game 1, but I see what you are saying.
Haha well it’s different for you, sir!

I was first introduced to the passion of Oilers fans in Beaverlodge, Alberta in 2005. A night I’ll never forget. Got wasted in a (the?) bar with some drillers (I worked in the oil fields in AK at the time too so we bonded over that, and hockey).

We then left and smoked some non tobacco products. Later that night my GF at the time and I almost set our tent on fire cooking beefaroni on the sterno and I ended up drop kicking flaming propane canisters all over the campground. It was amazing. Good people.

OldWill

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 9, 2022
Blanco, Texas
Haha well it’s different for you, sir!

I was first introduced to the passion of Oilers fans in Beaverlodge, Alberta in 2005. A night I’ll never forget. Got wasted in a (the?) bar with some drillers (I worked in the oil fields in AK at the time too so we bonded over that, and hockey).

We then left and smoked some non tobacco products. Later that night my GF at the time and I almost set our tent on fire cooking beefaroni on the sterno and I ended up drop kicking flaming propane canisters all over the campground. It was amazing. Good people.
Sounds a bit like a few of my college days camping trips...

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanpiper

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Canes/Rangers was interesting. Despite the Canes dominating stats, Igor won the game (At even strength, the Hurricanes had 75 shot attempts that included 20 high danger scoring chances. The Rangers had 56 shot attempts and 11 high danger chances) . I'm sure they can do it again. The Canes are 6-0 at home in the playoffs.

I was working on the MGB, so I listened to the game in the garage, on XM radio. I love hockey radio.

Biddington gets knocked out of the game, I guess the Blues are toast.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Carolina Hurricanes just can't win on the road. Yet. That could be a problem.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Lightning will be well-rested for the Rangers-Hurricanes winner. The challenge there is to not get rusty during the downtime. Colorado showed this by pouncing on the Blues in Game 1 after their post-Nashville sweep rest.

Joe Thornton must be frustrated beyond belief, poor guy.

And in the west, Blues are off to an early lead. We'll see how they fare without #50 in the crease.

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Vasy is just amazing in the postseason. I think he has closed out 5 of the last 6 series in shutouts. I could be wrong, but I think he closed out every series last postseason with shutouts.

He made some phenomenal saves tonight.