PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The latest batch of Massacra is still undergoing its marriage process, but you definitely should have some!
Based on your recommendation, a batch of Hellhammer will begin soon...

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
AIWASS is the shit.
AS far as I'm concerned, its what The Beast wanted to be, and it's what Haddos wants to be.
And I like Haddos.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Smoking some Massacra now! It's my first bowl so I'll form more of an opinion later, but this stuff is great! Fantastic body and taste, the cigar lead is there but in a supporting way and the burley leaf both the dark and fired are so right. There is a spicy note from the dark and a tiny bit of sweetness from the VA. Great job on this blend Deathmetal!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
AIWASS is the shit.

I concur! I'm smoking it now (took all day to dry out yesterday... worth the wait). I've never had The Beast but it sounds like I got the better blend anyway. I am very impressed with DM's blends!

I was a big fan of the HellHammer, but I hate to have Death keep sending me so many samples. That has got to be costing you quite a lot. But, I do appreciate it. If you want anything in trade, let me know. HellHammer was a great blend to kick back with some old movies with. Aiwass is great to. Mine just got dry enough. I will give this batch a try latter this evening as well.
You're doing some great work with these, DM. You must be doing homework, ha ha.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Sounds like you've mixed up some killer blends. I actually enjoy the very occasional Prince Albert pouch. One of these days I'll work out something I can trade with you to try some of these. Thanks for helping keep the "tobacco trade" alive in these dark times.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just got another round of samples (Massacra & Miasma). I am thoroughly impressed with every sample I've tried thus far. Usually when I hear someone is making their own homemade blends and passing them around on forums I think the majority of the time people just say nice things about the blend in support of their fellow members while they dump the rest of it down the toilet. You won't find that here with Metal Mixtures, these are truly damn good blends that most upscale manufacturers would be happy to slap their name on the tin and sell as their own. Bravo to you man and thanks for sharing these with all of us! I'll try to describe my impressions as I get further acquainted with these two new ones I just received.
Cheers!

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Just had some Trafalgar and it was a great blend. The latakia is there but truly in the background and plays an almost floral/oriental role in the blend. The perique is at a nice level and brings a tiny bit of spice to the blend. The Burley plays nice and has a little nuttiness to it. This could be an all day English if that's your thing. So far I've loved all of the Deathmetal Blends that I've tried. Brett you are an artist!

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Just got my samples in today. Thanks again, Brett.
Decided to load up a bowl of Prince Ludwig right out of the gate. Good stuff. Most definitely similar to PA only with some balls and not made out of floor sweepings. I'll expand a bit on it when I have a few more bowls, but it's good stuff.

May 4, 2015
Drying out my first go of Aiwass now. I shall report back shortly. It's a bit intimidating in the bag, I'll say that. Rum-soaked perique. Yup.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Happy to see so many people enjoying home made mixtures. I also have a passion for blending and chasing the perfect -for me- blend. Sounds like Deathmetal nailed it!

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
hey deathmetal,
any chance i could try some of your Aiwass or Massacra? I could send you some $ for the trouble ... respectfully - thomasw.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
JeremyReeves

DeathMetal, these sound intriguing. The Beast hath grown, yay even multiplied!

I'd love to try these!

It would be great if Cornell & Diehl could produce these Metal Mixtures. I think they would sell very well. I for one would buy up a whole bunch.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Thank you for the interest @unkleyoda and @hawky454 for the mention.
I cannot sell these, legally, but I send samples within CONUSA. PM me an address.
For those who like them in bulk, I also trade for lots of things. Last trade was for a batch of tshirts by @runic which were quite excellent indeed!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Packages went out today with the most recent round of samples. There was a bit of a delay but it is overcome now.

Status
Not open for further replies.