PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The new one sounds good! :puffy:
This morning, I smoked some Massacra with my coffee before work and still love it.

However, Hell Hammer may have moved up to the #1 spot ... excellent blend.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Man, I missed all of this stuff. Couple of them sound amazing, Death.
If you do another round of samples, I would certainly be interested in trying.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Hastings is a Virginia-Burley mix with a light topping designed to evoke the best of the OTCs of the past. That was the last batch of it for awhile, but I think it turned out quite mellow.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well I was finally going to ask what metal mixture was, but got my answer right away. Thanks!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The topping on Hastings reminds me of either PA or SWR
Closer to PA, IMO, but Prince Ludwig is even closer.
Both blends are better than their OTC counterparts though! :puffy:
I still think Aiwass should be available everywhere.
Agreed ... very unique to tame that much Perique in one blend.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Okay, okay... Aiwass is the WET! Once I figure out how to keep this one lit I will write my impressions here.
Hellhammer is a great all day blend I could see myself returning to frequently throughout the day, smoked fine all the way down.
Hastings - I have yet to try this one because it appears to be as wet as Aiwass but I'll muster up the courage soon.
I love the names of these... especially Aiwass! Thanks again, DM. I really do appreciate your generosity.
PS - How are you all smoking Aiwass without any dry time?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Prince Ludwig is an outright tribute to Prince Albert, where Hastings has a bit more of a nod to Carter Hall and other OTCs from the past.
Aiwass comes wet because the last batch was dehydrating when shipped long distances, which was disappointing some recipients. To fix this, it was shipped more wet with the idea that if the post office parked it in the hot sun for an afternoon, it would still be flavorful when it arrived. To dehydrate, leave it out in a dark room for a few hours with the air conditioning on, and it should be fine.
Hope you all have fun!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
PS - How are you all smoking Aiwass without any dry time?
I don't smoke anything without some dry time unless it's already crispy ... not a fan of steam.

For my last smoke, I microwaved it for 15 seconds and then let it rest another 10 minutes.
Prince Ludwig is an outright tribute to Prince Albert, where Hastings has a bit more of a nod to Carter Hall and other OTCs from the past.
Smoked a bowl of each today. Prince Ludwig certainly has more of the cocoa notes like PA but is MUCH better. Hastings has less topping overall and leans towards a light vanilla like an Olde Tyme Pipe Shoppe Blend.
What I love about all these blends is the "sweet-bread" sort of scent in the bags ... delicious! :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That's awesome! Hellhammer and Massacra were designed for my personal tastes.
By law, I cannot sell these, but I trade them for just about anything except beanie babies. This is my way of working around the mess that the FDA has made of tobacco, and keeping the knowledge/excitement alive.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Okay, DM. Once I run out of these samples, I'll hit you up to see if we can work out a deal. I'm interested in trying the Massacra too.
I could definitely puff on Hellhammer all day long. It's a great, great smoke! Good job!'
I have the other two dried out to my personal preference and I look forward to trying those as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.