PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
No before pictures???
This is a zombie thread, resurrected only because a new member was asking about LC's.
I didn't take any before pics at the time---it was just routine work---but I do know what became of the pipe. Sadly, I might add. See how shallow the stamping was? The guy who bought it from the collector I cleaned it up for decided to sell it himself a couple years later... and he BLASTED it with a buffer before listing, removing the nomenclature almost entirely. :cry:
Hey, though it was destroyed as an historical object, by god it was SHINY, right? :evil: :evil: :evil:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A sad ending to the story, georged. I don't understand the compulsion to make everything look glaringly bright. It was mighty pretty after restoration, if only for a time.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
BLASTED it with a buffer before listing, removing the nomenclature almost entirely. [:cry:]
Hey, though it was destroyed as an historical object, by god it was SHINY,
WHAR is he, th' no-good scurvy flea-bitten scoundrel?!!? We haven't keelhauled anybody in almost two weeks, & if ANYbody deserves it, that mangy dog does! }}:((
Bill

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great reminder from sable' that many classic English shapes originated with French pipe makers. Always worth remembering. Not dissing English pipes, just crediting French pipes which are sometimes overlooked, maybe because they are moderately priced.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
p.jpeg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Seeing LC's like that makes my stomach cringe. I want it so much.
Im mostly content with my Max Capps rendition but one day Ill have a "real" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.