Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Ok, I'll chuck my Tuppence worth in, now that I've had a rampantly luscious bowl of FVP and mulled things over.
The good old days are indeed gone, and the world is now ruled by a bunch of neurotic tarts in starched underwear.
Do they want equality ? No, but glorying in the newly found power of their knickers, they want to see every single male erased from the face of the planet.
Are we chaps collectively / historically responsible for their attitude ? They would say so. I'm not so sure. Maybe to some degree yes.
Hopefully it's just a passing fad and we can all get back to a reasonable status quo.
Nah, you’re not thinking about others and what their experiences may have been.

As a man probably older than all of us once said, “the arc of the moral universe is long, but bends toward justice” True justice includes more people than me and possibly you, bro.?

If the good old days were when people were left out and a female, maybe my daughter or granddaughter could be slapped on the butt by a local cop and get by with it with a smile, those days weren’t good for her or him.?

• Love
Reactions: OlJawBone

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
She may having been playing the OP, "ticket proofing" herself as it were. Many takes to be had regarding motivation on both sides. But, from a commander's perspective, if I received a complaint, the employee would have been summarily fired. I doubt I'd have asked for his side of the story. The "optics" as reflecting back on his co-workers, well, are obvious.

Mar 29, 2016
There seems to be (at least) two independent threads of discussion here. One involves today’s p.c. environment generally & the other involves what’s appropriate public behavior for police on the job.
Police behavior in small communities is different from the one in a metropolis because of the proximity, as for the p.c. environment, it has poisoned many situations that otherwise would have meant nothing.

I have to meet a lot of law enforcement personnel in my line work and the most important take is that they're human beings first and foremost and even though they have the power to kill you or arrest you it doesn't define them. Of course there are exceptions but that's with every profession. I've met more bad teachers than I've met bad police officers in my life so there's that.

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Police behavior in small communities is different from the one in a metropolis because of the proximity, as for the p.c. environment, it has poisoned many situations that otherwise would have meant nothing.

I have to meet a lot of law enforcement personnel in my line work and the most important take is that they're human beings first and foremost and even though they have the power to kill you or arrest you it doesn't define them. Of course there are exceptions but that's with every profession. I've met more bad teachers than I've met bad police officers in my life so there's that.
glad you feel so trusting with the people who have the power to kill you. I wonder if it is different for anyone else lol.

So if a cop slaps your daughter on the ass do you give him a little salute and say thank you for your service?

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Please stop the obligatory political correctness nonsense as if it were recent. It’s always been applicable. It’s just that now the perps don’t get by with it anymore .

Cops, half of us are scared to death they are going to kill us, and the other half hopes they will and roots for them when they do. Is there any damn thing you guys can't turn into a political argument. Amazon, pillows, Nike, black people, Dr Seuss? Hell, anything can be made political. Just get a democrat or a republican... any of them, to say they like something, and the whole half of the country automatically choses the opposite. This is why both sides have conflicting interests. You are brainwashed. Turn off the news. Give it a rest for a while.
I don't care about either party. IMO, anyone who follows one party down the line is an idiot.

Plus, I don't really want to know which team you root for. In a forum about pipes and tobaccos, please spare us your team branding, please dear God, spare us. Because I think it makes you look like an idiot.

Jun 25, 2021
England
If the good old days were when people were left out and a female, maybe my daughter or granddaughter could be slapped on the butt by a local cop and get by with it with a smile, those days weren’t good for her or him.?
I'm not for a moment suggesting that they were the good old days.
I'm sure nothing in my post implied that was what I thought.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Cops, half of us are scared to death they are going to kill us, and the other half hopes they will and roots for them when they do. Is there any damn thing you guys can't turn into a political argument. Amazon, pillows, Nike, black people, Dr Seuss? Hell, anything can be made political. Just get a democrat or a republican... any of them, to say they like something, and the whole half of the country automatically choses the opposite. This is why both sides have conflicting interests. You are brainwashed. Turn off the news. Give it a rest for a while.
I don't care about either party. IMO, anyone who follows one party down the line is an idiot.

Plus, I don't really want to know which team you root for. In a forum about pipes and tobaccos, please spare us your team branding, please dear God, spare us. Because I think it makes you look like an idiot.
Take a nap bro. It’s not like you have the answers.
Sorry and I still hope to meet in person, but really dude.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Mar 29, 2016
How sad for your area. Good for the cops I suppose as they do not have the weight of the office on their shoulders most cops carry.

How sad for your area. Good for the cops I suppose as they do not have the weight of the office on their shoulders most cops carry.
Quite the contrary, the weight of their office is reflected in the fact that their job has become more difficult to do because of the fact that the laws governing the police are nothing like in the U.S.A, I'm from Canada by the way.

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Just rooting for the team that is against sexual harassment by police. I dont think either party makes that stand, but its ok because its not political.
People in power must respect their positions of power, and the whole world could do a much better job of respecting women.

Jun 25, 2021
England
There seems to be (at least) two independent threads of discussion here. One involves today’s p.c. environment generally & the other involves what’s appropriate public behavior for police on the job.
That's right there are two independent threads going on, but the OP did not ask us to judge him on his actions.
But it seems to me unfortunate that some of us have taken it upon themselves to be both his judge and jury.
The thread title is - the good old days. and I'm sure that's what he wanted comment on.

Mar 29, 2016
glad you feel so trusting with the people who have the power to kill you. I wonder if it is different for anyone else lol.

So if a cop slaps your daughter on the ass do you give him a little salute and say thank you for your service?
Context is everything here, did you read the OP post? To me it showed a clear acquaintance between the parties so that daughter slapping that you fantasize about means nothing here.

Mar 29, 2016
That's right there are two independent threads going on, but the OP did not ask us to judge him on his actions.
But it seems to me unfortunate that some of us have taken it upon themselves to be both his judge and jury.
The thread title is - the good old days. and I'm sure that's what he wanted comment on.
Spot on

The story of the waitress was practically the only thing he posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.