PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Many of you know this, but I backed out of this year's Secret Santa due to beginning chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In response, @mikethompson sent my family a generous care package of Canadian goodies. (You should see the Secret Santa thread for more on that, and a picture of his kind gift.)

Upon seeing that, Jesse ( @sablebrush52 ) wanted to support our family during this difficult time, as well, and had this extravagant package of Vermont's riches sent to us!

Jesses Gift.jpg

Can you believe it? We adore this kind of stuff!

And the treat is all the more welcome as life just grew increasingly complex with an emergency 32 week C-section and a baby in the NICU (who is doing very well, by the way, thank God).

I'll bring these goodies to my wife for our family to share together as we bask in the grace of the season, of a baby receiving excellent care in the NICU, of hopeful prospects for my cancer, and of Jesse's sacrificial gift.

I thank God for kind friends like Jesse. Many returns to him.

Merry Christmas, Guys,

Scott

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Many of you know this, but I backed out of this year's Secret Santa due to beginning chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In response, @mikethompson sent my family a generous care package of Canadian goodies. (You should see the Secret Santa thread for more on that, and a picture of his kind gift.)

Upon seeing that, Jesse ( @sablebrush52 ) wanted to support our family during this difficult time, as well, and had this extravagant package of Vermont's riches sent to us!

View attachment 190223

Can you believe it? We adore this kind of stuff!

And the treat is all the more welcome as life just grew increasingly complex with an emergency 32 week C-section and a baby in the NICU (who is doing very well, by the way, thank God).

I'll bring these goodies to my wife for our family to share together as we bask in the grace of the season, of a baby receiving excellent care in the NICU, of hopeful prospects for my cancer, and of Jesse's sacrificial gift.

I thank God for kind friends like Jesse. Many returns to him.

Merry Christmas, Guys,

Scott
The most important thing is that your wife and baby are recovering, and that you're one the mend as well. That's the greatest blessing.

Thank you for your very kind words. May the coming New Year bring you Health, Joy, and Abundance. Now, go eat!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That was a noble gesture indeed, and I wish you and your family increasing health and joy in the coming year. Not only is sable' generous, but he knows how to get the stem lined up on an old style Kaywoodie Drinkless just using a hair dryer and a twist of the wrist. He is a gentleman of parts.