Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
Many of you know this, but I backed out of this year's Secret Santa due to beginning chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In response, @mikethompson sent my family a generous care package of Canadian goodies. (You should see the Secret Santa thread for more on that, and a picture of his kind gift.)

Upon seeing that, Jesse ( @sablebrush52 ) wanted to support our family during this difficult time, as well, and had this extravagant package of Vermont's riches sent to us!

View attachment 190223

Can you believe it? We adore this kind of stuff!

And the treat is all the more welcome as life just grew increasingly complex with an emergency 32 week C-section and a baby in the NICU (who is doing very well, by the way, thank God).

I'll bring these goodies to my wife for our family to share together as we bask in the grace of the season, of a baby receiving excellent care in the NICU, of hopeful prospects for my cancer, and of Jesse's sacrificial gift.

I thank God for kind friends like Jesse. Many returns to him.

Merry Christmas, Guys,

Scott
That's cool. Really, really cool. Well done Jesse and all the others who sent stuff to Scott 👏😀.

Hope you feel better, mate.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Sablebrush is a super-mensch.

I hope you and your family have a great year and that you all have health and happiness to look forward to. That care package ought to get you off to a good start!

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Jesse too, is the real deal here. He is one of the core who keeps this group's reputation for generosity. After last year's secret Santa, my admiration for the generosity of @SBC is on that list too. A good guy gets a great gift.

The greatest gift here is the kid and mom making it so well.

• Love
Reactions: SBC and Ahi Ka