PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
There is almost nothing to go on with the first one because it has no stamping besides the GBD stamp. The stem is orific. I know very little about the timeline of GBDs and whether it should have a rondelle or not
That's a really nice chubby billiard.

Orific bits were discontinued mid 1920s
English silver hallmark date letters are the surest way of dating a GBD pipe accurately
French hallmarked GBDs do not have date letters

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I recently picked up this GBD new era stamped "22". Is haven’t been able to find any info on it. It’s an excellent smoker.
View attachment 162385

Post some close-up photos of the stamping. You are right, there is no Shape 22, to this point. But, I frequently encounter shape numbers not shown on the old Peruda list. I converted that list to Excel and have been adding missing shape numbers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've heard nothing affirmative about the current production. What happened there?

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Any info?
kFS9kwU.jpg

Reactions: sablebrush52

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Do future Wannabe GBD owners count? LOL 😆

When I saw this, I figured our boy Tim was out for this, and god knows who else, and that I’d probably need a bank loan or sell the kids for slave labor.. LOL 😆

Then again, I live in Hawaii, anyone need a place to stay for free on vacation in Paradise? LOL 😆 🌴 🥥 ☀️

Ahhhh hmm could it be mine.... 🤔

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Do future Wannabe GBD owners count? LOL 😆

When I saw this, I figured our boy Tim was out for this, and god knows who else, and that I’d probably need a bank loan or sell the kids for slave labor.. LOL 😆

Then again, I live in Hawaii, anyone need a place to stay for free on vacation in Paradise? LOL 😆 🌴 🥥 ☀️

Ahhhh hmm could it be mine.... 🤔

Beautiful pipe! I hope that whoever buys it either leaves it unsmoked or take precautions with a piece this old, so that the first smoke isn't the last smoke. Pieces of this age are much more structurally delicate, especially if unused.

Reactions: PipeIT