PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The Food Game

You have a special-purpose magic wand that creates only two things: food, and tax-paid money in your bank account.

The food it produces will magically appear as a complete meal whenever you want, consist of anything you want, and be prepared perfectly from only perfect ingredients. It will always be the best example of that meal possible in this universe or any other. Cost is no issue, rarity is no issue. Nothing like that matters. Every meal will be theoretical perfection brought to life.

What's created will also be nutritionally perfect for you individually. No matter what it is, or how much or how little you eat, the calorie count and nutrition will be exactly what's optimal for your body at that moment in time. Meaning optimum food-related health is yours forever.

So. You imagine it, and it appears, every time. No hassles, no prep, no cleanup. It's magic.

Each meal will be identical forevermore, however. BBQ ribs, fries, and a side finished off with a mound of chocolate ice cream, for example, might be Meal Number One. Lasagna with all the trimmings with apple pie for dessert might be Meal Number Two. And so on.

You choose 'em. But once decided upon, every detail about a numbered meal (except quantity---eat as much or as little as you like) will be the same forever.

Now for the money part ---

The VARIETY of meals you choose matters.

If you choose ONE meal to be the only thing you will ever eat again, you get a billion dollars.

If you choose TWO meals, you get half that. 500 million.

Choose THREE, and the money gets halved again. 250 million

And so on, without limit.

There are no revisions to the deal once the magic wand is waved. For the rest of your life, the meals you specify will be all you will ever eat because it's all you CAN eat... trying to eat something different will cause it to sparkle and disappear the instant you touch it.

The money appears in your bank account the instant the deal is made. Meaning the money is only once, while the food agreement is forever.

WARNING --- trying to outsmart the magic wand by specifying a single meal of a thousand food items so you can pick and choose every time will piss it off mightily, and result in everything you ever eat again transforming into a mouthful of fermented dog puke the instant it touches your tongue. Do not tempt the wand.

So. How many meals for you? Two? Five? Eight? Hell with that, I ain't playin'?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I have qualms about this.
What about these? You're really making a hobbit choose?
  • Breakfast
  • Second Breakfast
  • Elevenses
  • Luncheon
  • Afternoon tea
  • Dinner
  • Supper

Anything can be eaten at any time, referred to however you like. The Wand only knows numbers. Group 1, Group 2, etc.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This thread is the result of thinking about what we've all said from time to time after eating something memorably good... "Wow! I could eat this every day!"

What would happen if a genie popped into being a split second after thinking that and said, "No problem. I'll make it so. It'll be the only thing... AND you can have a billion dollars! Deal?"

That virtually everyone would say yes and end up almost certainly wishing they hadn't.

But there was an ideal balance of food variety and money in most cases if some "consideration time" was given to the problem.

So found myself curious what that might be.

And here we are.

Yes, it's trivial and pointless, but entertainment is 98% of what's on the Net, right?

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Well......... I read this post last night and fell asleep thinking about it.
This morning it was still on my mind......... THANKS GEORGE!
I like variety. In foods, drinks, tobaccos, etc. I think I'd be best with the 10 meal plan, only have to eat the same thing 3 times a month.
I guess I'd get $1,953,125 tax free in the bank.............. I'm pretty frugal, so I'd be set for the rest of my days.
Thanks George. I've PM'd you my bank account info, and I'm looking forward to my first meal on the plan............

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper and JOHN72
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Because I'm lazy, I'm going photos:

1B - Aaron Franklin BBQ Platter
1706451787062.png

500M: Gordon Ramsey Beef Wellington Dish
1706451879302.png

250M: Sushi from the oldest living Japanese sushi master
1706452057662.png

125M: 72 oz Steak challenge from the Big Texan
1706452414587.png

62.25M: the only "10" pizza as stated by Dave Portnoy

31.25M: Steak burritos
1706452880762.png

15.625M: Bacon and Egg Cheeseburger
1706454825840.png

Now we need include some breakfast items:

7,812,500M: Western with cheese and hashbrowns
1706453040522.png

3,906,250M: Frech Toast and bacon
1706453139378.png

So there are my 9 items. I'll take the rest of the $$$ and turn that back into $1B+...after I open my new, state of the art, fancy-assed, all you can eat restaurant, featuring the above mentioned items (sorry vegans) at a reasonable cost. And since I can wave a wand and BOOM, no muss/no fuss, no overhead to pay for (except for the servers)! With that kind of quality and speed, I'll put McDonalds out of business in a week.

There was nothing said about me being the only 1 able to eat the food I whip up.

smart.gif

Attachments

• 1706453918404.png
    1706453918404.png
    813.2 KB · Views: 1

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Because I'm lazy, I'm going photos:

1B - Aaron Franklin BBQ Platter
View attachment 283149

500M: Gordon Ramsey Beef Wellington Dish
View attachment 283150

250M: Sushi from the oldest living Japanese sushi master
View attachment 283151

125M: 72 oz Steak challenge from the Big Texan
View attachment 283154

62.25M: the only "10" pizza as stated by Dave Portnoy

31.25M: Steak burritos
View attachment 283155

15.625M: Bacon and Egg Cheeseburger
View attachment 283170

Now we need include some breakfast items:

7,812,500M: Western with cheese and hashbrowns
View attachment 283156

3,906,250M: Frech Toast and bacon
View attachment 283159

So there are my 9 items. I'll take the rest of the $$$ and turn that back into $1B+...after I open my new, state of the art, fancy-assed, all you can eat restaurant, featuring the above mentioned items (sorry vegans) at a reasonable cost. And since I can wave a wand and BOOM, no muss/no fuss, no overhead to pay for (except for the servers)! With that kind of quality and speed, I'll put McDonalds out of business in a week.

There was nothing said about me being the only 1 able to eat the food I whip up.

View attachment 283162

Hell yeah.

It's only January, but that's gotta be a contender for the PM Response of the Year award, right there. rotf

And lookin' at those pics has made me effin hungry. Who needs a billion dollars, anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: PA Piper Mike

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well......... I read this post last night and fell asleep thinking about it.
This morning it was still on my mind......... THANKS GEORGE!

Welcome to my world.

And the older I get the less I actually do, and the more I think about pointless stuff. :(

I like variety. In foods, drinks, tobaccos, etc. I think I'd be best with the 10 meal plan, only have to eat the same thing 3 times a month.
I guess I'd get $1,953,125 tax free in the bank.............. I'm pretty frugal, so I'd be set for the rest of my days.
Thanks George. I've PM'd you my bank account info, and I'm looking forward to my first meal on the plan............

Nothing wrong with frugal but tasty. :col:

10-4 on your bank account details. I'll contact the wand genie this afternoon and let him know what you've decided. I'm sure he'll get right on it.

• Haha
Reactions: beefeater33
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA