PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2017
I guess I am lucky. WhenI have a cold I do not feel like smoking at all. The desire is totally gone.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
I have been fighting a cold/sinus infection for about a month. I have only smoked about 4 times since.

Last night I smoked some missippi river reserve and it tasted like the weakest straight virginia I have ever smoked. I might try a really heavy latakia blend tonight. It sure would be nice to taste something again. :puffy:

(I was reading further up this thread about menthol snuff as a remedy and I think that would kill me. lol)

ukbob

Lifer
Dec 3, 2016
Norfolk. England.
Just getting over a three week spell of cold then throat infection,couldn't smoke at all let alone taste anything. How I hate the weather this time of year.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
My cold is in the lungs. I can taste fine but lungs get agitated from the smoke. It is too cold to smoke outside so smoking in my heated garage is my only choice and the ventilation sucks. I can't wait for spring. But if my cold was bad enough to not be able to taste I wouldn't waste burning any fine baccy.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Loads of stuff going around here in Ohio.

My sinuses were so jacked up a week ago that I literally could not taste a thing.

I proved it to my wife by drinking orange juice and eating salt and vinegar chips at the same time w zero reaction.

So, smoking a pipe was a lost cause at the time.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
And after you get well to smoke the first few days the baccy taste like crap! Makes you wonder what happen to the blend. Ha! Just getting over flu!

derekflint

Nov 23, 2017
Smoking a pipe when you have a cold is a waist of time and tobacco. Trying different blends in the hopes of tasting something doesn't work either. When you can't smell things like your coffee in the morning, even when you put your nose rite in the cup...all bets are off!! That's the time to clean all or many of your pipes so you'll be ready when the time comes. Could take a week or two. Sometimes your cold is gone and you still can't taste things. For me when I can really taste my coffee the way I normally do ( black of course )....it's getting close!!

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Ha ha, the best cure for a cold is a big ol' bowl of Mixture 79, the one that has been setting in the back of your cellar for years.
This might make a good 1-2 punch when paired with my other "homeopathic" remedy - a pint a Jameson taken at first sign of cold symptoms.
I have come to the conclusion that colds and other respiratory illnesses are natures way of forcing me to rest my pipes. I think that's the only time they ever get one, and unsurprisingly that first bowl or two after recovery is always insanely amazing. Viral DGT..

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Smoke all those blends that you didn't enjoy until you can taste again. Heh.
Maybe now is the time to get rid of everyone's Sutliff Frosty Mint tobacco.. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.