PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Hey everyone!
Recently, I've been so busy I haven't had the chance to truly sit down and enjoy a pipe, only cigarillo (A quick taste and relaxer between school and work). And to top it off, I've gained a cold. Just the other night, I sat down for a nice pipe, but as soon as I put the pipe in my lips and began smoking it, I had no flavor at all... This happened with both my Balkan Delight and Nightcap which two different pipes. Is this because of my cold? Or from my lack of smoking? Thanks all!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah man, unfortunately a cold will get the best of you as far as smoking a pipe goes. I guess it all depends on the individual but I bet in a week or so you'll be able to taste everything just fine again. I feel robbed of such a great pleasure when I get a cold. Lame!
Get well soon!

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Bummer! I hope it blows over soon, I miss the pipe...

youdancer

Lurker
Sep 19, 2016
A cold is a drag, but I'm getting over pneumonia and haven't been able to put a pipe to my lips in a little over 2 weeks.

I think of little else...

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Going through a cold also, shitty situation not being able to puff for a 3rd day in a row.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I had a stinker a few weeks ago and it happened to me. I just don't bother smoking when I'm snivelling and sneezing.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A friend of mine used to switch to menthol cigarettes when he had a cold. I still cannot decide if this was brilliant or insane.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Or stick to hot toddies?
Menthol cigarettes (and cloves) scare me. There is something menacing about them. Sort of like blue-colored processed food products.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Snuff is tobacco that has been ground to varying degrees of fine powder for placing within your nasal cavity. There are many mentholated snuffs that can really clear your sinus. A side effect of snuff in general is often sneezing, so it can help clear the offending mucus. However, this is not medical advice. Simply a suggestion.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I think it uses the stems, which are cut from the leafy sides of the whole leaf before pressing. Neat stuff, seems scary to me. The fellows down at The Briar Shoppe were into it, but I opted for an ounce of their stash of Kendal Dark, which makes for perhaps the easiest and least complicated smoke ever.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Naaah, not into the snuff myself

For actually it is a way to see if I can go for few days without puffing.

Kind of testing my addiction :)
For the same reason few days in the year I will leave my phone at home.
Call me crazy or old fashion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.