PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I received the "Canadian box pass" this morning! Beauty, lots of stuff I have never tried...YET!
cdn-box-pass-july-2012-600x278.jpg

After I test drive a few of these I'll send it off to ALBERTA...... :puffpipe:
Any Canucks that didn't get in on this this time, I advise you to get in on it next round for sure.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
I know I was downright astounded at the size of the box when the post man put it in my hands.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I can tell ya that I'm having a great time testing all the tobacco I have never seen let alone smoke. I'll be sending it on to next on the list on weekend.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
OK...Elvis has ...or I mean the Canadian box Pass has left the building! On its way to Alberta.

Tracking number is: 0423 8070 0064 1257
I enjoyed it very muck..:)

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Barkar - your recipient was one of the couple of folks who got involved from sources outside the forum (Todd Bannard is a pretty well known pipe-carver under the handle Briar, Sweat and Tears; makes some great traditional shapes and amazing blasts). See what we can do about getting a couple of pics.
Edit: Tracking number 0423 8070 0064 1257 does not exist? Wonder if it got nabbed...that would suck :(

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
They told me 5 days and today is 5 days and they said it was insured it for 100.00.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Okay okay I found ya.
Got the box today, probably it arrived last week - I am without technical support staff (aka wife) this week.
Anyway, it's huge, crazy huge, and just stuffed with all kinds of things, most of which I've never had.
Will go snap a pic.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
@sasquatch...lol ya it is a sight when you first get it. I was surprised as well...enjoy....was nice to talk to you today as well.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Here's the guts:
boxpass.jpg

Currently smoking Roma Vita - whoever put all these sutliffs in is a genius - it's fun to have a whole series.
Lots of GLP, the Balkan Sas smells really nice - reminds of of Presbyterian from 10 years ago, so that bodes well. Couple of well-travelled pipes in there, and a little packet of handmade tampers.
You guys want to know what I take/put or does it just go as a surprise for the next guy?

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Welcome to the forum. Just test drive what ever you want and add to the box and pass to next guy.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Took: GL Pease Sextant Added: Mixture 79
Took: Balkan Sasieni Added: Borkum Riff Whisky
Took: "R Blend" Added: Mixture 79
Took: GL Pease Jackknife Added: Borkum Riff Whisky
Took: McCranie's Murdock's Pipe Added: Mixture 79
This is fun - can see why y'all like it so much.
Hey! OW! I was just KIDDIN!

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I have to admit I liked it too. I was like a kid in a candy store. I just smoked a couple bowls of everything and anything that caught my fancy. It was a great way to taste a huge variety of tobacco without having the expense of buying a lot of tins. Then I just tossed in some samples of my current blends I'm smoking now. FUN WOW!

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Smoked a bowl of ... everything. All pipes dirty and tired, palate fatigued, house stinking. LOL.
Will put a couple interesting tins in, possibly a pipe or two.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
After we complete the mailing list on round one, we should see if there and any more canucks that want in.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I've been watching with interest. I took part in the U.S. box pass last year, and it was a blast to have such a variety of blends to sample. I credit it with really nailing down what tobacco I prefer. That box was a monster, too.
I'm going to be moving to Calgary in the next few months though, so I will hold off in joining in until my new address is settled. With my luck, the box would arrive at my old address the morning after I left. :roll:
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.