PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Oh the anticipation! It's great to see that everyone is having a good time with this and finding some new blends! Hopefully we will have a few more for the next cycle.
That said, Simon, are you still residing in Victoria? I should have the box around the second or third week of August, and could use a trip to the island - if you want in this round, I can hand deliver. Heck, Marm is in Richmond; perhaps an afternoon of pipe-smoking in the provincial capital is in order.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've just received it today, thanks!!! I'm going to do a rush through and get it to Steve (a 10 minute drive!) on Friday as I'm going away for a week after that and don't want to hold it up. The Tampers are lovely!!! Thanks, Sasquatch -- I picked the best one! :)

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What a fabulous collection -- I've checked through everything, made some swaps, and will deliver the box to Steve tomorrow over lunch! Bit of a rush, but I'm off Saturday and he's off Friday, so..... Thanks all!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Looks like it's making its rounds quickly and has a nice collection in it !
Congrats on keeping this going

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
New member to the forum although I have been reading for a while, fellow Canadian and a new pipe smoker.
Looking forward to the possibility of getting in on the next round of the box pass if possible. Is there a thread of the parameters or guidelines for participating?
marmal4de, sending you a pm shortly.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Hi all,
I got the box from Adam this morning. I made a quick tally: 38 blends in varying amounts in the box. Lots of interesting ones. Smoked a few coins of Mac Baren Club Blend tonight to get started. Part of me wants to try all the GLP blends, while the other part of me says that's dumb, because I'll like 'em and I can't get 'em around here. :) I will find my "Penzance" in the bunch and then forever have to run the border guard gauntlet to supply my fix!
Couple of unsmoked pipes in there... I wonder if I could offer one to my neighbour to get him started? "Hey, want to try smoking a pipe? I'm sitting on a mountain of pipe tobacco here."
Will sample some more, add a bit, maybe take a bit and then off it will go.
Simon

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Whoever put Club Blend in a box pass is a hero. A man worthy of respect, nay, worship. What a sacrifice! What nobility!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Hey! I'd like to get in on this the next time it goes around. It seems like it's mostly english blends? Do people like aros if i put some in??

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
The order is roughly the same as in the Google Docs link in Adam's first post, although there have been a couple of additions, including myself. The box will be on its way early next week, yada, yada.
The breakdown of blends in the box is probably English 50%, Va or Va/Per 40% and Aromatics 10%. Personally, I would welcome a few more (quality) aro's, but I have been enjoying trying the Virginias.
Simon

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Hey all - sorry I missed these posts, my personal life has taken a turn for the ridiculously hectic.
I changed up the order a little bit, trying to stagger the shipping costs / not lay a bigger charge on the same person twice in a row. We've got a big country, and a large gap in the praries (no one in Saskachewan and Manitoba).
Don't forget to take stuff too guys! I noticed that by weight, the box has grown by two-thirds in tobacco alone - and many of the blends that went out the first time around were still in there (albeit in smaller quanitities).

Status
Not open for further replies.