PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
We could keep the tins in the box, but we would have to get a bigger box. Bigger box=more money.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Ziplocks it is!! Lol
Just so everyone knows, I'll be dropping the box off to Ghost tomorrow afternoon, and then he will mail it out around Monday!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Hey Guys, just an update...I had a great meetup with CanAsianPiper (Andrew) yesterday, and he dropped off The Box. Note the capital letters, it's warranted. It is just packed! Removing the tins was a good idea, and I'm still scratching my head over how best to repack it and seal it. Andrew has organized the samples to make it easier to go through them. We went through them all yesterday, and I'm going to go through it myself one last time today before adding/subtracting and sealing and mailing it out tomorrow morning. It was great to meet Andrew, and I really appreciate getting in on The Box. It'll be a pleasure adding some stuff to it that isn't in there now too!
Ohin3 (Phil), you're up next. I'll send you the tracking number tomorrow. Enjoy!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
IMG00919-20121014-1352_zpsc41114f3.jpg

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
It's overwhelming really. lol! I just finished going through it, and now it's sealed and ready for it's next destination in Dartmouth. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGKSjiw0HQ

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Anyone, that is after me, I have a question for you. This Thursday I will be heading over to Seles Pipe in Burlington. He basically is one of the sole distributors of the famous pipes made by Phillip Trypis. Both worked at Brigham, I think Stefan Seles still does!?! Anyhow Apparently he has way more than what is on his site. I am super excited to have a pipe made by one of the last old masters of Canada.
Seles Pipe
So I was wondering if any of the people left in the pass were interested in a particular shape, or style that I could pick up for you, and put in the box. I can accept paypal. Just an idea. I would need payment up front on how much you are willing to spend, Then if I find what you are looking for great, if not, I will refund. I think that would work best.
Any other ideas let me know.
Chris

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Give the man time! A box that big takes time to peruse and sample. :)
I know I had the box for almost a week and a half. Phil also has been known to disappear for periods of time, but he always comes back.
Simon

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I am looking forward to seeing what is inside The Box and sampling the different flavours, so I can understand where damnyak is coming from. There was a lot of posts, then nothing, but I am sure it will show up again in due course.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I am looking forward to trying out some of the aromatics in the box pass.
I really enjoy the Latakia, but I have not really explored the "aro's" and want to give them a fair chance........any suggestions?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I don't want to ruin the suspense for you of seeing what's in the box, but there are some good quality aros in there to try. I'm sure they'll survive by the time you get it though. PM sent...

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Last Night I came home to a surprise. I nice Box all the way from the East Coast, from Phil. Giddy like a school girl I ran in the house and set to work. I was up until the wee hours of the morning with this box. Holy. I like how there was a "Aro's bag" the only issue was that the cherry's and berry's were so strong they were killing everything. So I separated them and put them in a heavy gauge baggy separate to hopefully slow that down.
So I went through and pick out what I want to try.. I gotta couple weeks of steady smoking ahead of me, But s I don't hold up anything I have bagged all I want to try, and added my bunch. and will hopefully get it on its way Monday or Tues next week. Here are some pics below. There is so much to try it really is incredible. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part in this.
Boxdoor.jpg

justcracked.jpg

spread.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Glad it made it to you. The box is massive this time around and contains a lot of talked about tobaccos that everyone wants to try. That is the beauty of the box pass. All these tobaccos that we all talk about on here and make each other want to try are packed in this box. I made a boo boo and forgot to put a few tins of snuff back in the box. I would like to pack it up and ship it to wherever the box may be, but I don't want to hold things up. If you are not into snuffs just tell me where the box is going next and I will send them along.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
how did you like the snuff? I bought it last year, but never really liked it, so in the box it went. As long as someone is enjoying it, fine by me!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
the only issue was that the cherry's and berry's were so strong they were killing everything
The Curse of the Lord, no doubt! 8)
I miss The Box already, good times!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I like the snuffs but I snuff so seldom I have no business having this much snuff. I will pack it up and ship it off to a future box recipient to be added back to the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.